Sunday, August 19, 2012

Did You Complete Your Task?

Holy Land Picture of the Day  
Israeli fisherman (ICEJ Staff photograph)Israeli fisherman
Today's picture is of an Israeli man using a centuries old traditional hand held net to fish in the Sea of Galilee. It reminds us of Jeremiah 16:16;  
"Behold, I am going to send for many fishermen," declares the LORD, "and they will fish for them; and afterwards I will send for many hunters, 
and they will hunt them from every mountain and every hill and from the clefts of the rocks"

"Trust in the Lord with all of your heart, and do not lean your own understanding.   In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight" (Ps. 3:5-6) 

Hey Gang:  I was never very successful in talking to my Wing Commander brother Del about the Lord until I happened to mention that God's world kind of centers on flying.  The Bible is filled with the stories of flying, Paul flew to the third heaven, Michael and Gabriel earned many frequent flyer miles but the one that seemed to get his attention was stories about birds.  

Isaiah gave us a wonderful  and very powerful verse that centered on the magnificent creation of God, the EAGLE.  He wrote, "Those who wait upon the Lord will gain new strength".  That verse carries a heap of clout for me as I grow older.  There are days when my' get up and go has got up and wen't.  I can attest to the fact that, when we hit those clinkers, the Lord stands ready to rekindle my joy by giving me a shot of His strength.

Isaiah goes on, "They will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary".  I am a great believer in the seed planting principles of the Bible.  One day as we talked he was rebuilding his Cherokee airplane.  His hands were busy and his mind available for seed planting.  I loved my brother with a hero-type love and when I received the call he was near death, it sent shock waves through my heart for I knew he had not made his peace with God.

And then I received a call from his son who was with him in those final hours and walked his daddy through the plan of salvation and heard his confession and acceptance of the Lord.

I tell you this story because I want you to know the importance of fishing, in your walk with the Lord.   One morning Jesus told the disciples to cast their nets one more time, even though they had just completed a fishless night, and they came up with 153 fish!  I have learned that some folks need 153 different words of encouragement and seed planting before it penetrates to the control box of their hearts.

Soooo, my young friends, as you prepare for your day in the mission field, make sure you take your fishing rod with you.  Keep in mind, our task is to plant as many different types of seeds where ever we go, so that along the way our seed will hit the hot buttons of those God sends across our paths.  But, also keep in mind,  you are a sower and not a harvester.  So, hitch it up and get out there and get about doing some sowing!.

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment