Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Bonus from Gramps




Hey Gang:  Do you know the United States Government recognizes the reality of Santa Claus?  The Miracle on 34th Street  movie proved that. The United States Postal Service emptied their storage bins of all the letters that had accumulated from little people around the country addressed to  Santa Claus and dumped them in the judges lap during the trial of the State vs Kris Kringle /Santa Claus.  The Judged declared that since the U.S. Postal Service recognized Kris as the real flying dude in red, he would not go against their ruling.

But I have a far different reason, much more personal, for believing the Government believes in Santa.  While stationed in Korea I caught the midnight shift at the Air Traffic Control Center on Christmas Eve.  You may not know that our center was responsible for controlling all vehicles in the sky in our control zone.  Needless to say there was not much traffic that night, a general or two making touch and goes to fill his hours in order to earn flight pay, but all the others were in Japan enjoying a leisure weekend away from the rice patties.

As I recall I was writing a letter to my future bride and, on my fifty-third cup of coffee and probably in a pity party wishing I was any place but in Taegu, Korea on Christmas Eve… when out of the speakers came such a clatter, "Hey Taegu Center, this is Saint Nick reporting in over the coast line penetrating your airspace with my tiny eight reindeer-driven sleigh.”

 I don't think I have to convince you that I was more than a wee bit surprise, yes even shocked.  Surely this was some kind of hoax.  I mean reindeer, sled, jolly old man.  Come on this has to be some kind of joke.  He reported in at Seoul, Kimpo, Taegu and all the little spots on the map that one could hardly find and then with a jolly voice he came through the speaker system one last time, "Hey, Taegu Center, Merry  Christmas to all and to all a good night".  

And, then I woke up!  Well my young friends and buckaroos, and chicks, I pray you will gather as a family and read the story of our Lord coming into the world. It is REAL.  But do not stop there. Plant a seed of anticipation in your young ones by reading the story of His coming again.



O, yes, keep in mind the Greatest Gift was given thousands of year ago when Jesus choose to allow man to crucify him.  From that moment on He moved to the door of your heart and awaits us to open the door.  Give Jesus a gift this Christmas by giving your life to Him in a new and deeper walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment