Monday, June 24, 2013

My God is an Awesome God! Blog 400


I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!" (Phil. 4:13);   And my God will supply all my needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus" (Phil 4:19).

Hey Gang:  How many out there truly believe that you can do all things through Christ who stands ready to strengthen you and supply for all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus?    

This morning is one of those very special days for this Pennsylvania Hillbilly.  I have mentioned on several occasions that my daddy was a coal miner and in my beginning years we lived in a coal- mining town called Dean.  It is said that we lived so far back in the sticks that they had to pump sunshine to us and even the hoot owls wore knapsacks.    

Although both mom and dad were endowed with common sense, the ability and drive to work hard and use their gifted talents to the maximum, formal education was not a luxury that they had opportunity to achieve.  In essence in those early formative years, (also the depression years) there was very little time to sit on Daddy’s knee or have Mom read stories or teach some of the finer things about life.

And then disaster struck, my Dad was injured in a mining accident which terminated his mining days.  We moved from the mountains to, what I considered, a gigantic metropolitan city.  Actually, it was a city of sixty thousand or less.  From Hunky Hollow, deep in the Appalachian Mountains, to a place where indoor plumbing was the norm-  along with all the other wonderful modern conveniences -was exciting but also very frightening.

It was indeed a time of deep shock for yours truly.  I was enrolled in a school where there were more kids than I had ever cross paths with in my entire years on earth.  On the first day I arrived wearing my knickers,  brogan shoes, had buck teeth and my name was "Kermit"- which immediately placed a large bulls eye on my back.  School, from that point on it was more of a survival exercise than an educational exercise.  I graduated twelve years later with a fifth grade reading level.

Now I tell you this so that all of you that struggle with the schools of higher learning will have hope.  Look at the Scripture of day again and note "My God Shall".  There is no greater power verse for the down and outer that "My God Shall".  True I was very limited in my formal education but as I look back over the years, I was truly blessed by God, who supplied my every need.

You see I learned "God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed"  (2 Cor. 9:8).  This morning I reached a plateau that was totally and completely impossible for that Pennsylvania Hillbilly kid with limited education.  If you were to ask any of my teachers, they would be quick to tell you my chances for climbing the ladders of success were so very limited.  But as you read this morning message keep in mind that it is blog number 400.   Also remember "My God Shall!"

Soooo, my young friends, as you get ready to face another day of challenges, keep Paul's words in the front of your mind,  "Now He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness" (2 Cor. 9:10). 

Malachi blessed our sox off when he gave us these power verses: "Bring the whole tithe in to the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house and test Me now in this," says the Lord of Host, if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows."  And note his next words, "Then I will rebuke the devourer for you".  (Mal. 3:10-11a).  And that my friends you can take to the bank!

Blessings


Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment