Saturday, April 19, 2014

Conclusion - It Is Finished Day 9


"I am the good Shepherd, and I know the Father and I lay down My life for the sheep....For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life so that I may take it up again.  No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative, I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again.  This commandment I received from the Father" (John 10:15; 17-18).

Hey Gang:  Preparing this epistle for you has been an awesome task, not because of the research and writing, but in trying to keep in within bounds for the morning message format.  Each page could have been several pages and it saddened me that I could not include all of the material that crossed my desk. I pray it has sparked a deep interest in each reader to hunger and thirst in their hearts to learn more about the tremendous gift that God has given to us.

As we have seen, the trial of Jesus, from beginning to end, was one big farce- from the arrest to the crucifixion.     It is believed by many that for this reason and this reason alone, there was no recorded record of the proceedings, which was very unlike the Sanhedrin who maintained three secretaries whose sole purpose was to record every word spoken in every session.  The Jews and Romans were known for their impeccable record keeping.

The Sanhedrin was afraid to keep a record for they knew they were illegal in everything they did pertaining to Jesus’ trial.  Today we handle such issues with shredders.  Simply stated Jesus was murdered by an unprincipled, unscrupulous, and jealousy-ridden hierarchy of 'nincompoops’ whose hearts were as hard as the marble they sat on in the "Hall of Hewn Stones". 

Did Jesus know that?  Yes, a review of the Scriptures show that John the Baptist pegged the Pharisees from the get-go when he referred to them as "A brood of vipers" (Matt. 3:7).  We also find further condemnation from the lips of the Lord when He said "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites".  Matt. 23:27).

I believe most folks, who look at the practices of the Pharisees and scribes and other religious leaders of the day, would agree that these leaders would qualify for the scumbag award of all time.  I believe one of the most profound statement of all times came out of the mouth of Caiaphas when he said, "And all the people said, "His blood shall be on us and on our children" (Matt. 27:25).  Is that not the greatest of all trash-bag statements of all time?

Oswald chambers wrote the following about the cross, "The Cross of Jesus is the revelation of God's judgment on sin.  Never tolerate the idea of martyrdom about the Cross of Jesus Christ.  The Cross was a superb triumph in which the foundations of hell were shaken.  There is nothing more certain in Time or Eternity than what Jesus Christ did on the Cross; He switched the whole of the human race back into a right relationship with God.  He made Redemption the basis of human life, that is, He made a way for every son of man to get into communion with God".

I titled this last part ‘It iI Finished’ but, in true reality, it is the beginning for all who lay down their lives at the cross and truly give their lives to Him.  Gramps and his bride wish you one and all a wonderful Resurrection Sunday. And don't forget to take time to thank Him for the tremendous gift HE gave to all who will receive it, from a very sadistic hill in Jerusalem.

I close this epistle with the words of Isaiah, "Just as many were astonished at you, My People, so His appearance was marred more than any man, and His form more than the sons of men"  (Isa.52:14).  "He was despised and forsaken of men, a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief; and like one from whom men hide their face.  He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.  Surely our grief He Himself bore and our sorrows He carried, Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.  He was pierced through for our iniquities; the chastening for our well-being fell upon Him and by His scourging we are healed." (Isa. 53:3-5).

He could have called ten thousand angels and claimed His throne but He didn't, He choose to die for you and me".   How about you this Easter Season.  What price are you willing to pay?

Blessings,

Gramps


No comments:

Post a Comment