Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Yea, Though I Walk!


God’s Power Principle For Today:  “Give, and it will given to you, They will pour into your lap a good measure – pressed on, shaken together, and running over.  For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return.” (Luke 6:38).   

Hey Good Buddies:  Have you ever asked yourself the question, “What does God want of me when I grow up?”  I, at 81, continue to ask that question.  As I have searched the Scriptures, I believe I have found the answer – He wants only for us to be obedient to His word, trust and obey and be a bond servant for Christ.  I determined it was good enough for Paul, and Peter and John, and is certainly a model I should follow.
      
Paul wrote, “Do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind” (Romans 12:2).  In other words - “Be different”. “Be peculiar”.  Stick out like a sore thumb.   Now they tell me that there are no two snow-flakes that are identical.  I haven’t a clue how they know.  I tried once to compare two and they melted as quickly as I touched them. But if the Word tells me there are no two alike, I have no problem believing it. 

This I know, I moved a heap of snow-flakes throughout my life time and admit I did not take the time to do a scientific study of comparisons.  But as I moved the tons of snow (thankfully now with a snow blower)  I thought, ‘Is that not what God wants out of his children – each to be uniquely equipped to do a specific job for him?”  

Paul said we all have special gifts from God that we are to use for His glory.  If that is so, when we fail to use that gift for His glory, do we leave a hole in His ministry?  The greatest glory of the Christian life is that by our life and conduct we can bring glory to Abba Father.

I love the stories of the tough hombres of Scripture that God chose to be His ambassadors.  I think we would all agree that John the Baptist was one tough hombre.  Elijah and Jeremiah were also from the tough fiber class.  And then there were the disciples that Jesus hand-picked to carry the Good News, after His departure and returned to the Father.  All but one (excluding Judas) died as martyrs and often very sadistic deaths.

As I read about the ambassadors God chose to be His representatives, I do not find any that graduated from a school of higher learning but I suspect that all had a common denominator in that they were blessed with ‘good common sense’ and a deep dependence on the Lord.  I do not find any that leaned on their own understanding.   

Sooooo, young lads and lassies, something for you to ponder as you go about your day- Where is your dependence today, in the intellect of the world or in the One who is the giver of wisdom and understanding?  God stands ready to pour into your lap blessings, but in His time and in ways that He knows is best for you!

Blessings,


Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment