Monday, December 15, 2014

Who Are You Lord


“For unto you is born this day a Savior who is Christ the Lord!” 

Hey Gang:  Familiar but totally misunderstood by growing numbers of people.  Have you ever taken a moment or three in the quietness of your mind and heart and asked the question,  “Who are You Lord?”   I have.  I learned long ago that, if I do not take a moment of reflection and review of my Christian walk, I can become as cold as the left-over potatoes from the Christmas meal.   

I read of a wonderful story about a man who was blind for more than fifty years.  Then, one day, a surgeon discovered a new procedure that gave hope to the man- perhaps he could see for the first time in his life.  The operation went well and all anxiously awaited the moment of unveiling, to see if he had been blessed with the miracle of sight, something we take for granted every day.

When the surgeon arrived on that morning, the man was filled with anticipation, a heap of hope and excitement, that God had blessed the hands of the surgeon and he would see for the first time, after more than fifty years of darkness.  The moment came.  The bandages were removed from the first eye, and then the second.  Then the pads that prevented light from penetrating and straining the eye were removed.  

Slowly the man opened his eye lids but had to shut them quickly, for the light, even in the darkened room, was too intense for eyes that had been darkened for more than fifty years.

He slowly opened them again, a wee bit at a time.  His first comment, I didn’t know yellow could be so yellow, as he looked at the yellow wall paper in front of him.  He was blind but now he could see.  
For many years of my life my eyesight was good but I was blind spiritually and could not see. But, when Jesus was born into my life, my blindness was buried by the light! 

Soooo, friends, have you taken a moment or three, in the hustle and bustle of the asides of Christmas, to get alone with God?  To thank and praise Him for His love?  Praise Him that He sent His only Son into the Word that our blindness could be removed and we could live in the light?  O, by the way, don’t leave the quietness of your time until God answers your question, “Who are You, Lord??

Blessings,


Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment