Friday, August 7, 2015

When Under Attack....


“Behold I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done” (Rev. 22:12).

Hey Gang:  My daddy was born in 1904.  At the time of his birth not one of the counties mentioned in the Bible that will be involved in the Battle of Gog and Magog and Armageddon was in existence.  Today, they are not only in existence, but they are armed with mighty killing devices and ready for war. We are warned that, if God does not intervene man, will annihilate himself.  The common denominator among each of these nations is "annihilate Israel and every Jew and Christians”. 

Is this something new in our world?  No, it has been the very top of Satan’s agenda since he lost the battle to keep Jesus confined to the tomb for more than three days.    His agenda has always been to break one of the promises that Jesus made, while on earth, so that he can say, “See, Jesus is not perfect, therefore, He cannot be the Son of God. And, if He is not the son of God, then I am king of the earth.” 

True, Luke, in the twenty-first chapter, paints a very dismal picture that, if allowed to eat at ones insides, can be downright frightening.   In Church, this morning, a brother shared the message that Evening News has been forbidden in their home – his wife gets the hebby-jebbes when she hears all the things that are going on.

Now, I want to make a confession, there was a time when I felt that way –perhaps not to that extent, but yet pangs of fear hit me in the chest cavity when I read of Luke’s description of ‘That Day’ and I compared it to today.  When Israel became a nation I rejoiced.  It was a prophecy fulfillment that I could touch with my hands and walk in the same places that Jesus walked.  I was blessed to go there several times and get my hands dirty by digging in the earth.

 In other words, until that first time when I stepped from the El Al Airliner that touched down on the sacred ground of Israel at Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv, my faith was not as anchored on Jesus and His Word as I wanted it to be.  There are no words that can describe the feelings that flooded my soul that moment. 

I have often shared the wonderful message that, at that very moment we landed, and in the following days as we traveled to many of the major places where Jesus performed miracles, stood on the Mount of Olives and looked across the Kidron Valley to the Gate Beautiful and realized that that is very place where Jesus will enter the City and take His place as King of kings and Lord of lords, I was pumped as never before.  Wow, if that does not get your thumper thumping you has best do a check on your spiritual thumper.

The writer of Hebrews quoted a prophecy given by Haggai (2:6) that should set your feet to dancing: “Yet once more I will shake not only the earth, but also the heaven.”  This expression, “Yet once more,” denotes the removing of those things which can be shaken, as of created things so that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.  Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe.”  Stop, Take breath! Now read the final line “FOR OUR GOD IS A CONSUMING FIRE”.  (Heb. 12:26c-29). 

Soooo, my friends, if you fear when you hear the ‘sky is failing’, keep in mind the many “My God shall’s’ and “I will’s” throughout the Scriptures and especially the “Do not be afraid’s”.    C. H. Spurgeon wrote, “Every promise of Scripture is a writing of God which may be pleaded before Him with this reasonable request:  ‘Do as Thou hast said.’  The Creator will not cheat His creature who depends upon His truth; and, far more, the Heavenly Father will not break His word to His own child.

Oh, one last comment before I sign off.  Going to Israel is not an option for many for a variety of reasons but let me assure you there are many DVD’s, and wonderful descriptive books that are beautifully done. With a teeny-weeny touch of imagination you can visualize yourself in the Garden of Gethsemane or at the Tomb,  or standing with Jesus on the Mount of Olives.  It does make the Scripture’s come alive!

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment