Friday, March 25, 2016

Is The Power of the Cross Alive In Your Life Today?


“For indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom; but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness, but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God” (I Cor. 1:22-24).

Hey Gang:  There was a Board Meeting in the heavenlies long before time began.  It involved three Supreme Beings: Jehovah Father God, Son Yeshua Hamashiah, and The Holy Ghost, also known as the Holy Spirit.   In that meeting a plan established for the ages; we read the minutes from that meeting in the early chapters of Genesis.

It was a perfect plan, for the Godhead was incapable to developing anything but a perfect plan.  But, in their infinite wisdom and their foresight to see the total history of their creation, they knew that one day their perfect being who resided in their perfect creation, the Garden of Eden, would choose to accept the word of a slimy serpent and eat of the one tree on which God had placed a “no can have” restriction.

And at that Meeting they, who could not tolerate sin or any form in their presence, knew they must develop a plan where their creation could be freed from the bondage of sin, washed white as snow, for Eternal fellowship.

It was agreed that Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, would come to earth as man, walk in our shoes, and one day be condemned to death on a hideous cross on our behalf to break us free from the bondage of sin and death. 
Ellis J. Crum In language that was so simple every living soul could understand it, wrote the following lyrics:


I owed a debt I could not pay, I needed someone to wash my sins away 
And now I sing a brand new song, Amazing Grace 
Christ Jesus paid a debt that I could never pay

My debt He paid upon the cross, He cleansed my soul from all its dross 
I tho't that no one could all my sins erase, But now I sing a brand new song 
Amazing Grace, Christ Jesus paid a debt that I could never pay

O such great pain my Lord endured, When He my sinful soul secured 
I should have died there but Jesus took my place, So now I sing a brand new song 
Amazing Grace, Christ Jesus paid a debt that I could never pay

He didn't give to me a loan, He gave Himself now He's my own 
He's gone to Heaven to make for me a place, And now I sing a brand new song 
Amazing Grace, Christ Jesus paid a debt that I could never pay.

Billy Graham said the following in one of his sermons “I can preach anything else and it’s called popular.  It pleases the ear.  But when I come to the heart of Christianity; when I come to the cross and the blood and the resurrection, that is the stumbling block.  That’s the thing people do not want to hear”.


Billy Graham also challenged each believer in Jesus Christ as Lord: “It was the resurrection of Christ that cause the disciples to go out as burning young revolutionaries to change the world of their day. They preached that Christ was alive. This should be our message, not only at Easter but every day of the year”.

Can you imagine how the disciples must have felt when Jesus arrived in their midst and they realized He was alive!  Wow! Do you think they pinched themselves to make sure they were awake?  But is there not that same awesome feeling when you realize that Jesus stands at the door of every heart and says “I am alive”.  What a day it will be when our Jesus we will see – face to face!

Have a blessed Resurrection Sunday!

Blessings,


Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment