Friday, March 23, 2018

Eternity, A CLoud and a Harp or Nebby's Fiery Furnace?


“As for the days of your life, they contain seventy years, Or, if due to strength, eighty years.  Yet their pride is but labor and sorrow; For soon it is gone, and we fly away” (Psalm 90:10).

Hey Gang:  Recent poll studies said the greatest problem with advertising is people burn out on repetition, so they spend big bucks finding new ways to sell their products.  I do not think that is restricted to selling Campbells Pork and Beans but also fits many areas of our lives.

So, I ask you, have you burned out on Grampsmorningthoughts?  Is it time for me to get out my trusty recliner - I hate rocking chairs - and pull it up by the fire and get involved in a good book?  Now, I will not know the answer to this survey without your letting me know who the survivors are out there.

As you know I have reached the “older than dirt” plateau in my earthly existence and you can see from the morning Scripture that I am living on borrowed time.  I have found it interesting that, in recent years what hair I have left has turned grey, thoughts of what happens when my thumper quits thumping, is what happens next.   I appreciate Paul’s Philippians 1:21 comment when he said, “For me, to live is Christ and to die is gain”. 
 
Now understand I am a lousy reader.  When I graduated from High School I read on about a fourth-grade level but then I met and married a school teacher who in the past sixty years has improved my reading skills to about the sixth-grade level.  My problem is I am a word reader and plowing through a book of more than a hundred pages can be an experience in agony and pain. (Kindle for my birthday has improved that – I have read over a dozen books in the last 5 months!)

With that piece of unnecessary information in mind you will understand the miracle that transpired in my life in the last three days.  Our Pastor, in his message, mentioned a tidbit from a book he had read titled Divine Revelation of Hell. That caught my attention.  Not that I plan on spending one iota of one second there!  And do not want that for others. 

When we checked Amazon to see if they had the book we learned the author, Mary K. Baxter, wrote several other books with the Divine Revelation Title, including Divine Revelation of Heaven.   The books gave a living account of her many visits to heaven and hell with Jesus as her guide.  Her mission was to share what she saw and experienced, in her time in hell and heaven.   Soooo, I was immediately hooked and wanted to see what she had to say. 

The miracle? I read both books on my Kindle in three days!  Out of sight!  I was ecstatic to get finished with the Hell rendition, a book that was filled cover to cover with depression and agony and pain.  But what joy it was to read the book describing heaven.  There is no question in my mind, if our Congress passed a law that every person in America had to attend a seminar on these two books, the rapid decline of those who say they believe in nothing would change abruptly.

I am always amazed when I see a person who has been blessed with a wonderful body, a wonderful mind and a wonderful soul with the potential for a wonderful life here on earth and a wonderful eternity with Jesus, literally destroy the perfection that God built into them.     How sad it is when a person with these wonderful attributes rejects all the blessing that God wants to give them and chooses to “go their own way” here and after their life has ended.

So, my friends, would I recommend the books?  Yes, especially the Divine Revelation of Heaven.  When you say, “Father, forgive me for the sins I have committed and turned your life over to Him” the book on hell is not going to add to your Spiritual walk.  Just make sure your name is written in the Lamb’s Book of Life and have your seat reserved at the Marriage Feast of the Lamb.

Blessings,

Gramps
P.S.  When it comes to books of folks’ visitations to heaven and hell I have always been a wee bit -no make that very skeptical -but Mary K. Baxter, the author, has been and continues to be a speaker in many venues throughout the world.  But that is not the reason I have accepted her Divine Revelation of Heaven as creditable, I counted 174 Scriptures from 36 books, Old and New Testament that provided Biblical back up for everything she wrote.     



        


No comments:

Post a Comment