Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Lord, Help!!


"He takes us firmly by the hand and leads us into a radical life-change" (Romans 2:4).

Hey Gang:  How many times this week have you asked yourself the question,  "Should I or should I not?"  I don't know about you, but I have learned from coming alongside others who are struggling that we like our comfort zone and change can be very intimidating.  The question is really - will we feed the white dog or the black dog this day?

I have learned in my tenure on this earth that change is just plain hard and making a sudden “U” turn is a ‘pie-in-the-sky’ concept.  As one old hillbilly said, "We 'er' what we 'er' and unless we work very hard we will remain what we 'er'. 

Paul tells us: "Be not be deceived, God is not mocked, for whatever a man sows he will also reap" (Gal. 6:7).  A man walking across the prison yard passed by an inmate who was sewing a tarp together and said, "Sewing?” to the inmate.  To that the inmate responded, “No "reaping!" As I have gained in maturity, I have learned that if I don't put the tools exactly where they belong when I am finished with the project, I spend a heap of time hunting and I might add being totally frustrated with my neglect. That, too, is reaping. 

In my study of the Word I have learned that Paul was a very organized man.  In his writing we find he presents a principal and then develops the worksheet for implementation.  In Colossians three he gives us a principle "If, notice: "if", you have been raised up with Christ!"  The prerequisite and trigger key, "If".  

"Keep seeking the things above where Christ is seated at the right hand of God".  Again I draw your attention to the key word in this phrase:  "keep".  In the words of Pastor Wilkerson we need to recognize the "seeking things above" is not a natural trait of the human mind.  It takes diligence and constant vigil to “KEEP seeking things above”.

Our good friend, Paul gives us a principle in Romans 12 about how to do this.  He wrote: "I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship".  And then the key "And do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind". (Rom. 12:1-2).

So, be advised the black dog will be nipping at your heels today.  He may even present you with some great opportunities. Caution:  You can take to the bank - "You will reap what you sow!".

Blessings,

Gramps 

No comments:

Post a Comment