Friday, September 13, 2019

Is the World Facing a A No-Israel World?


“I will also plant them on their land and they will not again be rooted out from their land, says the Lord” (Amos 9:15).   “For I will take you from the nations, gather you from all the lands and bring you into your own land.  Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from your idols” (Ezek. 36:24-25). 



Hey Gang, I have been blessed in my life to do some really neat things.  In my high school years I was considered on the bottom rung of the “most least likely to succeed at anything club” but coming from a musical family it was almost dictated that I would choose an instrument and get with the program.  After getting nothing but squeaks out of a clarinet, I decided (much to the chagrin of my Mom and Dad) that drums was my instrument. 

I have always felt that drums, which led to playing in dance bands and the high school band and orchestra, kept me somewhat interested in staying in school. The music classes also provided decent grades that provided the basis of my grade point average and allowed me to graduate.

But getting down to the more important things that God allowed me to be a part of, one might think the development of the Village was the very apex of my life.  Now don’t get me wrong, I often wondered why God choose me to be His legs in this project and I sense His answer to that question is “You were available and willing”.  Perhaps He also knew that I had no experiences that would allow me to pull this off without total dependence on Him.

I have learned, over my lifetime, that if a thought came into my head I should accept it as a mandate from God and get with it.   In essence, I have always felt that God knew how to shut doors and, if I believed a thought was a call from Him for action and it was not His will, He would shut the door.
I have met a barn full of folks throughout my lifetime that I felt were a heap more talented, and smarter than I who were operating on the principle of waiting until God confirmed that thought that God planted in their head.  Throughout our years as Super Eagle we had many come and ask how we did it because they wanted to do the same.  I do not recall any who pulled it off.

I believe- the reason for most of those who put thoughts planted by God in their head into the back closet- was they saw the magnificent campus God provided for us --and that is where they wanted to start.   However,when they heard the stories of agony and pain in the early development years and the more sophisticated problems of running a major business, the luster of being a Super Eagle soon began to fade.

Well, that is a side road that I did not intend to go down.  Getting back to the neat things God allowed me to experience in my lifetime, I would place our involvement with Israel as a close second.  After hanging up our spurs in the child care industry we set out in a fifth wheel with the intention of seeing the entire United States.  But on leg one we were diverted to see some old friends, and that changes our plans.  

That old friend was called to be the president of an organization called The Ebenezer Fund or Operation Exodus.  Its mission was one track- seeking Jews throughout the world and helping them make Aliyah (return to the land of their heritage).  At that time the main focus was on a recently opened door for the olim to make Aliyah from Russia.

Well folks, this is taking much longer than I anticipated so will cut it off here and continue at a later date.  The question was do we stay and or do go on with our plans to see the states as vagabond’s.   I suspect you already know the answer. BUT tune in next time anyway and learn the next chapter in the experiences of our lives that clearly rang our bell.

Blessings

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment