Saturday, February 29, 2020

Happy Birthday - February 29!!! And Others!


Because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions – it is by grace you have been save. And seated with Him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus.”  Ephesians 2:4-6; Dig deeper – read Ephesians 1:3-14; Philippians 3:20; Colossians 3:1-2.

Hey Gang, anyone reading this have a birthday today?  How many ‘real’ birthdays have you had? Birthdays are special happenings and celebrations for some.

You, too, can celebrate a REAL birthday every year – A Spiritual birthday – if you have accepted Jesus as Savior and Lord. (Col 3:1-2). Many people know the day, hour, and circumstance of their decision to follow Christ. I am not of those. 

I was dedicated in the womb and have known, from the time I remember, that God was my heavenly Father (my earthly father represented Him well), Jesus was my Savior and Lord, friend and confident, and that His representative, the Holy Spirit, lives in my heart. Oh, yes, there have been times of re-dedication and consecration, but not a birthday that I celebrate.

In my Hymnbook Devotional, February 29, Kenneth Osbeck introduced today’s hymn – which I have never sung- with this paragraph:

“The Scriptures teach us that as believers we are heavenly people with special privileges, since our citizenship is in heavenlies with Christ.  We are seated with Him in Glory and have access to His store house of riches and possessors of all heavenly blessings.  We have been given a heaven born nature that responds to spiritual nourishment - the Living and written Word.  We are to seek the things above and this heavenly value  enables us to rise above the circumstances and storms that often cross our earthly paths and provides the enablement we need to live life in daily victory while we await the day of our final victory.  In a sense we are already –
In Heavenly Love Abiding.”  Be encouraged by these words of promise!

Author Anna Warning was raises as a Quaker in South Whales. Later, she joined the Anglican Church. She was known for her love and ministering to those in prisons

In Heavenly Love Abiding
In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear; and safe is us such confiding, for nothing changes here.
The storm may roar without me; my heart may be laid low, but God is all around me, and cannot be dismayed.

Wherever He may guide me, no fear shall turn me back; my Shepherd is beside me, and nothings I shall lack. His wisdom ever waketh; His sight is never dim; He knows the way He taketh, and I will walk with Him.

Green pastures are before me, which yet I have not seen; bright skies will soon be o’er me, where darkest clouds have been.  My hope I cannot measure: my path to life is free: my Savior is my treasure, and He will walk with me.

Sooo, dear readers, live this day as joint heirs with Jesus and share His love and promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment