Sunday, September 11, 2022

What Does God's Grace Mean To You?

Hey Gang, Gramps blogs, written years ago, still speak to us today and I am blessed to read His Hillbilly Rendition of the New Testament nightly.  However, we sometimes need another voice of encouragement.  Grace is a word often used in Scripture and you can often substitute the word love for grace. Be blessed with this recent devotional from Mornings with Jesus.


 Grace be with all those who love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity.” Ephesians 6:24 (NKJV)

        The other day on Twitter, I noticed someone posted, “I highly recommend loving Jesus.”  It struck me as interesting, probably because it was on of the few things on there that was positive, sweet, and, at least in my feed, not controversial.  I kept thinking about it and agreed that I, too, could highly recommend loving Jesus.

        The reason was in today’s Bible verse: grace.  Loving Jesus means I walk around in an atmosphere of grace. I inhale grace and exhale it. I’m bathed in it, sheltered in it, fed by it, and led by it. Grace holds my hand.. I pull it over me like a blanket for comfort. I put it on like clothes to meet the day. Grace is the lens through which I see people and life. It looks back at me in the mirror. Grace is there to celebrate when things go well and to pick me up off the ground when I fall. Grace bolsters me when I feel weak. It bolsters me when I am afraid. It makes me strong when I feel weak. It opens my eyes to beauty. Grace corrects me when I am wrong. As Paul writes elsewhere, Grace is sufficient. As long as I have Jesus, I have grace, and it is never lacking.

       Jesus is the embodiment of grace: the unmerited favor of God. I didn’t --and don’t—do anything to make Him love me, But He does. It’s His life in me that empowers me to love, even showing love to people whom I think might not deserve it.  There’s nothing else like it, just like there is no one else like Jesus.                                                                                                         --Gwen Ford Faulkenberry

Sooo, as Gramps would ask, “Are you fully filled and clothed with God’s grace? Does Jesus show in your words and actions?  It’s free and doesn’t add weight to your life.

Blessings

Gma J

No comments:

Post a Comment