Sunday, January 22, 2012

Are You Weary?


Holy Land Picture of the Day  





“The Everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth does not become weary or tired.  His understanding is inscrutable” (Isaiah 40:28).

Hey Gang:  Week number two is completed at Voice of Martyrs and I must admit to you that I have learned that God does indeed give strength to the weary.  I also confess I had some doubts coming into this three week challenge, I was not sure my 78 year old frame would stand up under three weeks of strenuous labors. 

My prayer daily has been, strength for one more day.  God said one day of manna is sufficient, so don’t ask for two days worth.  In the past ten working days we have turned out 376,196 pieces of mail which means I have handled more than 750,000 envelopes feeding each into a machine that stuffs materials into and seals the envelop ready for mailing.  Of our crew of six people, three were over the age of seventy.  But then again I find no place in God’s word where we are told to prepare for the rocking chair days.

Annie Johnson Flint wrote this neat little ditty that rang my bell:  “BUT God hath promised strength for the day,    Rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above,  unfailing sympathy, undying love.”

I love the words of Isaiah 40, especially the last several verse, “Though youths grow weary tired, And vigorous young men stumble badly, yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagle, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.” (vs. 30-31).

Soooo, my young friends, take a word or two of advice from a very senior person, take heed of Malachi’s words, “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this” says the Lord of  hosts, “if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows.”  (3:10). 

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment