Wednesday, October 30, 2013

You Are Something Very Specia

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well" (Psa. 139:14).

Hey Gang, As I have traversed through this life on earth I have grown more amazed daily at the magnificence of God's creation, namely me.  I have been amazed with the unlimited capabilities of the control center that God placed in our heads.  I have read and heard it said many times that the average person uses but a tiny bit of that capacity.   Have you ever taken a moment or two just to take a deeper look at the center of your electrical system, your brain? 

 God placed this magnificent miracle in each and every person whom He created.  You do believe you were created by God even before time began, don't you?  Paul made this clear in his letter to the Colossians, "For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities - all things have been created through Him and for Him" (Col. 1:16).

 I woke up this morning with the song "We Shall Behold Him" running through my electrical system.  I wish I could say I always wake up with a song on my heart but that would be an untruth.  But within a few moments the song passed and the challenges of the day became my focus.

 Now for the ‘goodie’ of the day, God also gave us the ability to program our electrical systems to bring honor and glory to our Creator.  I have often used the analogy that we have knobs on the inside of our foreheads which are designed for us to hang knowledge so that God can pull it out of us when the need should arise. 

 Here is a question for you to ponder this morning?  Can God pull out of you knowledge or truth that you never put in? Oh, I know the God is all powerful and can do as He pleases but do you think He might depend on you to put into your brain things that He can pull out when the alligators begin to snap at your heels?  

 I do believe that is what Paul was talking about in his letter to the Romans when he wrote, "I urge you, brethren by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God which is your spiritual service of worship."   That is the principle; now he gives the application "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect" (Rom. 12:1-2). 

 Soooo, good and faithful believers in Yeshua, your task for the day is - take a few minutes and hang a new piece of God’s truth on one of those knobs in your head that God can use to mold you into the image of His Son, Jesus Christ. He gave you 66 books to choose from.

 Blessings, 


Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment