Friday, September 26, 2014

GO!!!!

 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.’ (Matt 28:19-29).

Hey Gang:  In the last three Gramps Morning Messages I addressed subject areas that are of growing concern ‘that everything that can be shaken is being shaken’.  As I researched to write these messages, I felt a growing urge to conclude with a challenge to you given by Paul.  He said our task is to"… equip the saints for the work of service to the building up of the body of Christ" (Ephesians 4:12).    Oh, but that is only for pastors, teachers and evangelist, right?  Not in your sweet ‘bippy’! 

Jesus shot that stinking thinking down when Jesus said, "Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, you did it unto Me".  (Matt. 25:40).  Did what? "For I was hungry and you fed Me, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you took me in, naked and you clothed me, sick and you visited Me, in prison and you came to Me!" (Matt. 25:35-36). 

Soooo, I got into the archives and recovered the following teaching that was the back bone of our workshops with the Village boys and most workshops with parents.  We learned that when we placed the materials in their hands and referred to them often, principles began to sink in.  It is my opinion, (which, with two dollars will purchase a cup of java in most hash houses)  that this works with most people, so I have attached this ,teaching that has worked so well for us in this morning message..  Now I realize I am probably preaching to the choir in these morning messages but perhaps there is one who needs a refresher course and a shot from the Throne Room to get their thumpers thumping again.

But I also have another motive for sending it along.  I am positive that everyone of you know, or come in contact with someone who is in great danger of spending eternity in the Lake of Fire.  When I read of what awaits those who "have chosen to go their own way", even an enemy, my heart cries out, "Jesus stand at the door of your heart waiting to bring salvation into your life. 
Soooo, my friends He, Yeshua, did say "Go" and, if you "go, “ I will be with you always, even until the end of the this age”, which I happen to think is just around the corner.

Plan of Salvation
A.  We need a Savior
      1.  Because we are sinners - Romans 3:10, 12, 23
Romans 3:10  "As it is written, There is none righteous, not even one";  verse 12 "All have turned aside, together they have become useless; there is none who does good. There is not even one."  Verse 23 "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God".
     2.  Because of the consequences of sin - Romans 6:23; John 1:15
Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord".
James 1:15 "Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death".
     3.  Because you cannot save yourself - Ephesians 2:8-9
Ephesians 21:8-9 "For by grace you have been saved, through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is a gift of God; not as the result of works, so that no one may boast."
a.       You have a divine Savior - John 20:31; Acts 4:12
John 20:31 "But these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name."
Acts 4:12 "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."
b.      Conditions of Salvation - John 3:16; Acts 16:31
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life".
Acts 16:31 "They said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household"

B.  Steps to Salvation
     1.  Come to Christ - John 6:37; Matthew 11:28
John 6:37 "And the Father who sent Me, He has testified of Me, You have neither heart His voice at any time nor seen His form".
Matthew 11:28 "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul, but rather fear Him  who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."
     2.  Repent - Luke 13:3; I John 1:8
Luke 13:3 "I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish."
I John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us."
     3.  Receive Christ - John 1:12-13
John 1:12-13 "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name. Who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God."
     4.  Believe - John 6:47
John 6:47 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life".
    5.  Confess - Romans 10:9-10; Matthew 10:28-29; I John 1:9
Romans 10:9-10 "That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation."
 Matthew 10:28-29 "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul, but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.  And not two sparrows sold for a cent?  And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father."

C.  Assurance of Salvation - John 5:24
John 5:24 "Truly, truly. I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life."

D.  Kept safe by His power - John 10:28-29;  Jude 24
John 10:28-29 "And I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of My hand.  My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.  I and the Father are one!"
Jude 24 "Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy".
     1.  Deliverance - I Corinthians 10:13; James 1:12
1 Corinthians 10:13 "No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also; so that you will be able to endure it."
James 1:12 "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him."
     2.  Strength - II Corinthians 12:9
II Corinthians 12:9  “And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness."  Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me."
     3.  Comfort - I Peter 5:7
I Peter 5:7 "Be of sober spirit, be on the alert.  Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour."
     4.  Meets every need - Philippians 4:16
Philippians 4:16 "For even in Thessalonica you sent a gift more than once for my needs".

E.  Guidance in life - John 14:16/18; Mark 11:22-24
John 14:15/18 "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments." I will not leave you as orphans; I will  come to you".
Mark 11:22-24 "And Jesus answered saying to them, 'Have faith in God.  Truly I say to you, whosoever says to this mountain, Be taken up and cast into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it will be granted him.  Therefore, I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you".

F.  Reward with eternal life - John 3:36; Matthew 25; I Corinthians 2:9
John 3:36 "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the son will not see life; but the wrath of God abides on him."
Matthew 25 Parable of the Ten Virgins, Parable of the Talents; The Judgment
I Corinthians 2:9 "But it is written, 'Things which eye has not seen and ear has heard.  And which have not entered the heart of man, all that God has prepared for those who love Him’".  

Soooo, my friends and neighbors, I pray you have invested the time to get to this point in this epistle.  I am a slow reader and I checked out the time it takes for me to read the entire plan of Salvation and, if I don't get side tracked, which I usually do, it takes me less than ten minutes.  Keep in mind that Jesus said the needs are many and the harvest few because those willing to share the Good News are few.

Jesus concluded this teaching with these word "Truly I say to you, to the extent that you do not do to one of the least of these You did not do it unto Me" (Matt. 25:45).  

Blessings,


Gramps  

No comments:

Post a Comment