Friday, September 19, 2014

Time to Wake up and Take Notice!

"I will stand on my guard post and station myself on the rampart; And I will keep watch to see what He will speak to me.  And how I may reply when I am reproved.  Then the Lord answered me and said, "Record the vision and Inscribe it on tablets, That the one who reads it may run.  For the vision is yet for the appointed time; It hastens toward the goal and it will not fail.  Though it tarries, wait for it; For it will certainly come, it will not delay." (Habakkuk 2:1-3)
.
Hey Gang:  I just celebrated my eighth decade plus one birthday.  My eyes have seen many wondrous things, both good and bad in my sojourn on this earth.  I have seen great deception leading mega multitudes down the road to the fiery furnace;  I have seen false prophets and false teachers spreading the blasphemies of Replacement Theology, Prosperity theology for believers, and  there is more than one road to God and to believe is enough .  

I have seen increases in hurricanes, tsunamis, tornados, floods, wild fires, mud slides that have taken the lives of multitudes of people.  I have seen many wars and heard many rumors of war.  And with those wars I have heard of famine and pestilence that are the brothers of war.    I have seen diseases that have no cure come out of the pit of hell, AIDS, Ebola, Parkinson's, Cancer, Alzheimer's, Crones, and a recent rebirth of Tuberculosis and Polio. 

I have seen the world preparing for the coming battles of Psalm 83, Gog Magog and Armageddon.  When I was born none of the countries listed as participants in the final battle of Armageddon were in existence.  Today they are all in place with great armies - armed with weaponry that could annihilate the world’s population many times over.  
 
I have seen the rebirth of the nation of Israel and the ever increasing flow of Olim making Aliyah back to the land of their heritage;  it was privileged to play a tiny role in helping to make that happen.  I have seen God's mighty miraculous protective hand in interventions in four wars, where Israel was out manned and out gunned.  I have seen the eternal city of Jerusalem returned to the hands of God's chosen people.

I have seen the fulfillment of Matthew 24:9, even as I pen this, "…then they will deliver you to tribulation from the four corners of the world, and will kill you" (the Jews).  Thousands upon thousands of believers have been martyred in this year alone and that number is continuing to grow as barbarians such as ISIL, Boko Haram, Hamas, Fatah  Al Qaeda and Hezbollah gain in strength and resolve. 

I have seen a czar rise in the bear of the North and seen the rapid coming together of the Gog Magog confederacy.  And tragically, it saddens me to report, the rapid decline of America as a ‘light unto the world’.

I have seen the rapid deterioration of moral code in our nation where anything goes that brings pleasure.  I have seen the rapid decline of the church as a force for good in our nation.  A pastor recently wrote, "How tragic that so many of our churches have placed flags of surrender to the evil one on their steeples".

It saddens my heart when I look at the world I am going to turn over to my children, grands and great grands.   I truly believe judgment is just around the corner.  But, it is about more than judgment.  God said through Ezekiel, "I will magnify Myself, sanctify Myself, and make Myself known in the sight of many nations; and they will know that I am the Lord" (Ezek. 38:23).  He also said, "It is not for your sake, O house of Israel, that I am about to act, but for My holy name, which you have profaned among the nations where you went" (Ezek. 36:23). 

Sooooo, my friends, if after seeing all these things come to pass that are clearly described in the Word of God, would I not be a fool not to follow the Author and Finisher of these words?  Jesus said:  "When these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near" (Luke 23:28).   I repeat,  it is time to wake up and take notice!

Blessings,

Gramps




No comments:

Post a Comment