Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Are You Up To Speed On what Is Happening?


"For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is, in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Rom. 8:38-39).

Hey Gang, read it again, and again, and again, until it is firmly entrenched on the inside of your brain.  After I completed writing the first blog of the "Lighten Up" series, the bride of my youth called me to listen to the weird and very loud sounds our clothes drier was making.  After close analysis, that took about one second, I knew our drier that had been faithful all these years had given up the ghost.  (If driers have a ghost).   A quick analysis by my mechanic son agreed with my diagnosis.

Now, I want to make a confession to you, I have been going through the Bible once again and have spent a month or so in the prophets, major and minor, and have been blessed amore than ever before.  Our world is being shaken and we are told in the latter or last days many hearts will fail from fear.  Why? because people are not filling their hearts  and minds with the Word of God and spending time with Him in their prayer closets.  They do not have a clue what is in God's fringe package.

My confession is I tended to get on a ‘pity party’ when the rubber-hit-the-road experiences come calling. And I believe God has pointed that out to me as I have traversed through Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel and the Minor Prophets.    What He has been teaching me is – I/we have a choice to make, I can be in a dither each time the sky appears to be falling, like our worn out drier, which in this day and age is most of the time, or I/we can put our trust in the Lord and let Him handle the 'downers'.

I have had a little ditty on my wall for many years and I am confident many of you have heard or read it .  I admit I failed to live up to the challenge contained within its works, but also confess it has become more of a part of my life recently and would strongly recommend you, too, place it on your refrigerator, bathroom mirror and rear view mirror of your car.

It goes like this: "Good morning, I am God, Today, I will be handling all of your problems, Please remember that I do not need your help, so have a great day".   Now we might put that in more Biblical terms by quoting Romans 8:28, "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose" .

  I am blessed with a wood furnace, not a heater, but a full blown furnace that eats wood in these very cold days like my Belgian horses used to eat hay.   So, I have gone through the wood pile much faster than anticipated.  Not only am I going to run out, but have been concerned about where I will get enough wood for next year.  In other words I did as Paul said he did in Romans 7:!, “I do that very things hate”, I worry!.   I tell you this to stoke your interest in another Gramps message where I will share what I believe is a fantastic miracle.

Soooo, let me close this with a challenge: I am really concerned about the direction our leaders are taking our country.  But I have learned that all the grumbling in the world is not going to change the hearts of our President and those who make the rules. BUT God did give us the key to changing the direction we are currently on, read 2 Chronicles 7:14 where He gave us this challenge: "and My people, who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will her from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land".  A conditional covenant that God will implement the day the believers of our land take heed and obey.

Blessings,

Gramps


PS  The drier fixed itself and our neighbor harvested 40 trees and we have all the tops to cut – probably enough wood for a couple years.  God is faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment