Friday, May 29, 2015

Are You A Missing Ingredient?


"I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.  Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that may bear more fruit...Abide in Me, and I in you.  As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you aide in Me" (John 15:1-2/4)

Hey Gang:  As I have mentioned before, my daddy was a coal miner and I spent my early years in a coal mining town consisting the three beat up houses.  My dad had to install more than thirty panes of glass before we moved in, in order for the pot bellied stove to do its thing. 

I have also mentioned that we were as poor as church meeses, so one tended to grab hold of anything that could be called their own.

I had a friend whose name was Jake.  Now Jake was not what one might say was of the brain surgeon class.  As a matter of fact, I never heard him speak a word or have an opinion on anything but was faithful and could be counted on to do his job when asked. He, too, was a very essential part of the coal mining crew.   Jake had been in and out of the mines so many times, from total darkness to blinding sunlight so many times that  it had blinded his eyes.

Jake was the mine donkey that pulled the coal carts out of the mine to the loading ramp.  Now most folks would say a menial animal, like a donkey, is not very important in the scheme of daily living but one morning they found Jake dead and the mine had to be shut done.  There was no one to pull the carts to the loading dock.

 What a tragic event that was.  As I think of Jake, I am reminded that every living created being was placed on this earth for a purpose. Every time I come in personal contact with a mosquito or a wasp I wonder what purpose God in mind they would fulfill - perhaps to motivate us. 

During World War II admiral Nimitz was being interviewed and was asked the question, "Who is the most important person on this ship?"  I am sure the reporter expected to hear the admiral say, the captain".  But he said instead he said, “Do you see that seaman down there dumping garbage overboard?  When we are out to sea in enemy territory and he is dumping garbage, he is the most important person on this ship.  For, you see, if he does not spread it perfectly the enemy can follow the trails of garbage to our ship.

Soooo, my young friends, I believe that is why Jesus told His sheep to be goer’s and spreaders of His Word.  Frank Constantine, while locked away in a Georgia prison heard the Lord say, “Frank, you are leaving "Holes in Time" “.    Be advised folks, God may send someone across your path today that needs Jesus as Lord of their life and you are the object that God is going to use to lead that person to Him.  Frank gave his heart to Jesus that night and became a powerful witness for his Lord.   Jesus said "Be a doer of the word and go!”

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment