Friday, March 31, 2017

Light to Darkness? or Darkness to Light?

Michigan March sunrise,  Thanks Brandon

“But You are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, so that you many proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light”   (1 Peter 2:9)

Hey Gang:  My bride is a consumer of books.  In our nearly sixty-years together I have heard her say, on a half-dozen occasions, that she did not like a certain book, but finished it.  I have also heard her say, “It is a hard book to read and she did not particularly like it.

My question has always been the same, “Why do you not just close the book you don’t like, and move to next one?  You have a small, but ever growing library of books here in the house and I recall your saying that you often read books you like over again. Why read one you don’t like? There are mega books in the local library, and a constant flow of books from Amazon and now a Kindle graces our home.”

I don’t remember what she said, and she is at a prayer meeting, so will find out when she comes home.  Anyway, all of this insignificant material to introduce you to the morning blog which obviously has something to do with books.  I have been researching what I will send in the next What’s Happening Man Prophecy Blog and, when I do that I either end up depressed or a little bit goofy.  I think I am on the line this morning.  Do you think it is possible to be a depressed and goofy person at the same time?

In our morning devotion time my bride and I have chosen Jonathan Cahn’s The Book of Mysteries. This  is a book I do not have words in my vocabulary to describe- but then again I have a very limited Pennsylvania Hill country vocabulary.   So, rather than spending time in the dictionary, I have chosen to read several of the descriptions other well- known writers have drafted.

 Governor Mike Huckabee wrote, “I Was absolutely stunned”; R.T. L Kendall wrote, “I was stunned.  Amazed. Possible the most astonishing book I have ever read’; Pat Robertson gave it a one word description: “Extraordinary”.     On page one I was not sure, on page two I felt a twinge of excitement, and by page three I was hooked.  Why? Because it is a book of God’s Mysteries, many of which have never before been revealed, written about, spoken of, or known by many.

Each page has a title, most require interpretation and understanding.  Today is day fifteen and titled “The Night and Day Paradigm”.  Does that sound strange to you – night and day?  Is it not always day and night?  As you know we recently returned from Israel where they celebrate Sabbath each week.  I have been there for twenty or more Sabbaths and have always wondered why it would start at sundown and not in the morning.    

Jonathan has clarified why for me.  His main point: “When we look at it from day to night then everything goes from light to darkness.  Is there not a contrariness about that scripturally?  Meaning everything is in the process of darkening.  Is our world not becoming more dark each day?  Jonathan pointed out that when God created the universe it was not day and night.  Is written, there was evening, and then there was morning.’  In other words, the day began with night ( in darkness) out of which come light.

That is why every Jewish holiday and every Biblical day begins at sunset.   It goes from darkness to light.  His point: the children of this world live from light to darkness, but the Children of God live from darkness to light.  Praise God!  That every darkness that we encounter in our lives can lead to Light if we are locked into Christ as our Lord and Savior.  Every night will lead to dawn! 

Wow, is that not awesome.    I look forward to tomorrow and learn what “The Taleh” is.  You may be hearing more from this book.



Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment