Friday, May 12, 2017

God Does Meet Our Needs, When We Ask.... With A Sincere Heart 6


A word for today “But Moses said to the people, “Do no fear!  Stand by and see the salvation of the Lord which He will accomplish for you today” (Exo. 14:13a)
.
Hey Gang:  As I watched the new dining facility rise out of the ground, I noticed a change taking place in my attitude.   I was becoming less of a “but Lord” person and more of a “Try Me” person.   I was learning the lesson that God loves those folks who are willing to say “Yes Lord, I dig;”.  He also loves those persons who understand that it is okay to try many doors and He will close the ones that He knows are not right for them.   But the biggest lesson learned was He will never ask me to do something that He does not equip me to do

Yesterday, I mentioned the unfinished kitchen wall and the answer given when questioned as to why it was left open.  The worker said, “Lunch time had rolled around and they just had not gotten back to it.”  I also mentioned that was not the reason at all

You see, we had established a relationship with the chief honcho of the Dow Chemical Salvage Yard and made weekly trips to pick up salvage materials that we could use.  Dow was also purchasing the houses along what they called the Green Belt into the city and were tearing the houses down.  We were given access to the house to remove anything we could use or sell.  I am not sure, up to that point if it was a profitable venture, but as one of my good friends once advised, “If you are offered a bucket of dung take it, tomorrow they may give you the cow."

And then I received a call with a “cow”, a very large cow- a wonderful and critically needed cow!  The chief honcho of the salvage yard explained to me that Dow was preparing to build an atomic plant in the local area and they were removing everything- in order to build a cooling point for the atomic plant.  He said there is a nursing home that must be removed and wanted to know if I was interested in the kitchen, closets, in rooms and all the bathroom fixtures. 

The commercial kitchen had not reached the sign off on the guarantees.    An immediate sortie involving builder and architect  and me -with tape measures and levels in hand- visited the kitchen and made several discoveries: first, with the exception of cutting off one foot off a drain board, the entire kitchen fit in the space allowed by the architect.   That was miracle one.  Miracle two was the two walk in freezes fit perfectly between the A Frame trusses!  And miracle three was, if they had finished the kitchen wall, the huge refrigerator and freezer units would not have gone through the door! 

God had now provided for the kitchen, a thirty-thousand dollar gift.  We could now turn our attention to the needed cooking utensils and dishes, table and chairs for the dining room.   But God knew the need and had made provisions for that also.  I received a call from a realtor that had heard me speak at a service club meeting; He- informed me there was to be a state auction of a restaurant in a near=by city.

It was a rather old restaurant and, on Auction Day only a few bidders showed up.  The first item that was put up for bid was eight boxes of dishes and glasses which I was able purchase.  When the other bidders found out who I was bidding for, they no longer bid against me.  I purchased table and chairs, pots and pans, slicers, milk shake mixers, toasters, etc, etc.  At the end of the auction we had every item needed to run a full commercial kitchen.  The bottom line, $137.00!

There were some items that we were not interested in which and  I sold to other bidders who were there. THis reduced the out of pocket cost by more than half.     In one week God provided for a full kitchen and all shower room needs, lockers fore or storage areas, all of the dishes, glasses, serving bowls, all of the equipment in the dining room to sit more than sixty people.    Our out of pocket cost was less than sixty dollars! 

What say you, my friends?  Would you agree with me that when God says “Try Me” what He really means is “I will supply for your every need in Christ Jesus”.  We were blessed through these early years and have been since with a strong prayer warrior crew who have been faithful in praying diligently for the Village.  If you are not one of them, I strongly encourage you to become one today.
Contact ewoods@eaglevillage.org  

Blessings,


Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment