Friday, November 17, 2017

"The Three Minute Temptation Buster" Part 3

“No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be temped beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.” (I Cor. 10:13). 

Hey Gang, Continuing the story of the tough-hombre.  In the month or so after I loaded the tough-hombre on a bus to send him to the facility where he would pull his time, he was never out of my mind.  A seed had been planted and was growing - we should purchase a large house and take in four boys who needed a shirt tail to hang onto into. 

But the months turned into a year and nothing was happening until a very strange thing happened one day when I was cutting the grass.  A neighbor, who I did not know, approached me out of the blue and said, “I understand you are going to sell your house!”  If so I want to buy it!”   It reminded me of the gent who prayed for an answer from God and, when he received it, he said to the Lord, “If that was for me, give me another shot.” 

We did not ask for another shot but, we did pray that if that was a sign that the time had come for us to pack up our family and place ourselves totally in God’s hands, He would provide the finances to make t`he move.  At that time income tax returns were taking several months but miracle two occurred when our income tax was returned two weeks later.   

We accepted the sale of the house and income tax return to be a clear enough message that we should begin packing.  (Note:  Did you know God knows how to close doors as well as open them?)   

But, this morning I want to do some soul searching with you.  In the past several weeks, since Mr. Donald Trump became President Donald Trump, the prophecy gurus have been very busy.  I confess some of the articles are ‘pie-in-the-sky type’ and have found the circular file.  But one that caught my attention that is a composite of many, 16 trusted Christian teachers who are, and have been saying essentially the same thing…that we have more reason than at any other time in history to believe Christ’s return could happen in our day.  

Does it make me feel a wee-bit apprehensive to say that? Yes, I have heard similar messages all of my 84 years on earth.  But I have studied the prophetic word and read what many of the gurus have written.  These are listed in no particular order and this is most certainly only a partial list.  I have read and studied the writings of Dwight Pentecost and Dr. John F. Walvoord, both who spent many years in research and teaching at Dallas Theological Seminary. 

Other familiar names, who have dedicated their lives to studying the mysteries of the Word and sharing their findings with those who also seek to know God’s time-tables, are Dr. David Jeremiah, Billy Graham, Rabbi Jonathan Cahn, Dr. Tim LaHaye, Thomas Ice and more recently Bill Koenig, Anne Graham Lotz, and Robert Jeffress.

Now hear this my young friends! Each has said, in one way or another, that conditions of our day perfectly parallel the Biblical narrative for the end time (as it was in the days of Noah).  There are specific signs that Jesus gave, during the Olivet discourse, especially in Matthew 24 and Luke 21.  And we are the only generation to see the return of the Jews to their land and restore their Hebrew language after two thousand years.

As I close this trilogy, I would suggest you take the words of an old country preacher who cried out,  “Something is fixing to happen and I am fixen’ to be part of it”.  Make sure you are part of it!

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment