Friday, November 3, 2017

This World Is Not My Home!


“For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.  For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God” (Rom. 8:18-19) (sons in verse 14).

Hey Gang, I have been on this place called “planet earth” for more than 84 years and know that I know that in the Lamb’s Book of Life there is a date at the end of my name that tells my arrival day in glory.  To that I say, “whoopee!!”  And, as I have entered that period commonly referred to by man as “the Golden Years”, which I have learned really means “Golden Years” for the medical profession, I have done a heap of research of where I am going.

Years ago ran into a chap who said he never thinks about tomorrow.  He was a verbal Christian but by his fruits I wondered.   His rationale for not being concerned about tomorrow was Jesus’ words found in Matthew 6:34: So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself.  Each day has enough trouble for its own”.

But, as I read and read that verse, I find that it needs to be wrapped in the context of what Jesus was teaching at that moment.  Lesson number one: Jesus said don’t worry about the mundane things of this world like eating or drinking, or what you with clothe your body with, I will handle those things.  I do it for the birds and you are “worth much more than they (vs. 25-26).

I believe the key to God’s cure for anxiety (worry) is clearly stated in verse 30: Jesus said, “If I clothe the grass of the field ill I not clothe you, “You of little faith.   You mean clothes are a faith issue?  I thought they were a credit card issue!  In verse 33 Jesus clearly gives us the antidote for worry: “But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

So, how does this fit into the message of the day “This is Not My Home”?  As I mentioned above, I am 84 plus in years and the largest portion of my life is history.  I have two possibilities as to how my life will end here on earth; my thumper can stop thumping, or Jesus will come and I will meet Him in the sky!

Either way I have checked it out very carefully; I am going to go someplace and spend eternity with Jesus.  And how long is eternity?  I do not believe there will be time in heaven, therefore, there is no answer to that question.   It just goes on and on and on and on and on and on, etc. 

A young lad once asked me, “Mr. H, how long is eternity?  Tough question for a lad who has no frame of reference to hang anything spiritual on.  I said, “Sandy, you have been to Sacramento, a hundred miles from here.  If you took your tooth brush out of your pocket and scrubbed that six-lane highway up and back ten times it would be drop in the bucket in eternity.

THIS WORLD IS NOT MY HOME I A ONLY PASSING THROUGH.

Blessings,


Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment