Friday, September 28, 2018

Are You Creating Holes in TIme?


“Come your who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world” (Matt. 25:34).  Do you want to know what those blessings are?  Read Revelation chapters 20 – the end of the Book. 

Hey Gang:  There are two schools of thought pertaining to the question of the saints around the throne.  The first is that the saints, who have remained faithful in this day of gross evilness, are waiting with growing anticipation for The Father’s order to His Son – “Go and collect Your Bride, the marriage Feast of the Lamb is ready!”  And who are these children/Bride? Those whose names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life. 

But there is a growing second school of thought that none of this prophecy stuff is real, just a figment of someone’s imagination.  I am always amazed when I hear someone say that they want no part of the study of prophecy.  Their reasons?  They do not have a clue what the Bible says because they have never been within the covers of the Bible deep enough to find out if it really is true and is the Word of God.

There are also the growing numbers who say, hey, we have heard the Second Coming stuff all our lives and we are still here!  My response to those very confused folks?  “What if it is true?”  Have you checked out what the Bible says about eternity?  Have you given much thought to how very long eternity is?   The Bible, which you do not believe says, “And if anyone’s name was not found in the lamb’s book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire” (Rev. 20;15).

In my years, as Chaplain at the Village, I often closed my messages by asking the boys, “What is the most important word in the English language?”  I would get a smorgasbord of answers, most in the love category.  When all was exhausted I answered the question- “the word is ‘NOT’.  Mathew tells us, “Jesus will declare, “I know you NOT; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness” (Matt; 7:23).

When I get a little weary and ask the Lord if is time to put Gramps to bed, He reminds me “just a little longer.” 

I think of a book I read, decades ago, and have used a thousand or more times called Holes in Time. It is a story of a hardened criminal serving a near-life sentence for his crimes and his shock to received a visit from Abba Father.   

The message was short and very much to the point, “Frank, when I created you I had a plan for you.  But you have squandered it.  Your failure to fulfill that plan has left those who were to receive My open invitation through you to come and eat at My table are lost.  You have left “Holes in Time” that will be passed down through the generations. 

 Frank heeded that call and gave his life to Jesus that very night. He became a Chaplain’s helper and several years later, the authorities felt no need to keep him in prison.  But he walked right back in, not as a prisoner of the State of Georgia, but a prisoner of Christ as a Chaplain in the Georgia prison system.

My Friends, I challenge you to do some research this week and find all the references pertaining to Hell, Hades, and the Lake of Fire. Years ago, I heard the way they train agents to recognize counterfeit money is not by reviewing counterfeit pieces, but rather totally memorizing the real thing! 

When I read of what is waiting for those who will hear the word ‘NOT’, it fires me up to do all in my power to snatch as many souls out of Satan’s hands as I can.

Hey, come along.  There is no greater joy in all the world than to snatch a soul from the clutches of the evil one.

Blessings,

Gramps    

No comments:

Post a Comment