Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Where is your JOY Meter set???

 

“I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.” Psalm 27:13 (NIV).

Hey gang, In case you had not noticed, we live in a crazy-upside down world!!  Guess what?? God is not surprised or shaking in His boots!  He told us this would happen - (Read Matthew 24 and counter parts in Mark and Luke.) BUT we can CHOOSE to live in His Word and in His JOY or we can be over whelmed. 

The Lord seemed to say, this devotional, from my Mornings With Jesus, was one that many readers need to read. We all have circumstances that can overwhelm us.  God is still on the Throne and waiting for us to seek His help.

                Do you ever feel overwhelmed with bad news? In the last few years, I have had tough circumstances touch my life. A good friend was diagnosed with breast cancer, my husband had hip replacement surgery, one of my sons had his heart broken,and several friends shared with me their children’s addiction struggles. My spirit was heavy.

                Then I read Psalm 27:13. David’s confident words of faith,” I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living,” sparked hope in me.  David was fleeing from his enemies when he wrote these words.  As Jesus faced rejection and crucifixion, His faith in what was about to happen strengthened His resolve, for He is the One “who for the JOY that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God” (Hebrews 12:2, NKJV). With Jesus’s hopeful perspective, we’re able to see goodness in the midst of discouraging circumstances (even as it affects our world today. Jn). I needed a hopeful outlook so my JOY wouldn’t be swallowed up by despair.

                I started repeating this verse to myself and began looking for the goodness of the Lord, in the here and now. When a saw a disturbing or tragic news story, I looked for the goodness and those running to help others. Concerning my husband, son and friends, I watched as the Lord tenderly touched each of their lives in their challenges and restored their hope.

                Now, whenever I look for the goodness of the Jesus, I see it.                        Jeannie Blackmer

                Faith step: Start a joy journal and log God’s goodness daily!!

 

SOooooo, friends in Christ, my prayer for you is that you LOOK for Jesus Messiah in everyday activities -always but especially as the hectic Holiday Days are soon here.  Look for Jesus in your friends, all the preparation and activities- especially as Christmas approaches!

Blessings,

Gma J - “The JOY of the Lord is my strength!” (Nehemiah 8:10d)

No comments:

Post a Comment