Sunday, January 1, 2023

What Is Going Through Your Mind?

 Hey Gang, it’s time for New Years Resolutions!  And it is no secret to most of us that our Country is not the same as when we were in school – (For me College graduation was 63 years ago!”)  Today there is news 24/7, constant media noise, unrest, anger over differences and many things that distract our minds.

This devotional from my Mornings With Jesus might give you a thought to keep you on track!

Set your mind on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.” Colossians 3:4

After Christmas, my husband, Zane, and I decided to do a five-day detox because of all the unhealthy foods we had eaten during the holidays. I found a plan that included various protein powders, with a complete shopping list and day-to-day menu to follow. Easy, I thought.

But it was anything but easy. Most of the day my thoughts were consumed with what I wasn’t allowed to eat or with how hungry I felt or with imaginations of all the delicious foods I would be able to eat after the detox was over. In fact, I was so focused on what I could not eat that it was a challenge to think about anything else. I was experiencing what some call a “scarcity mentality.” My thought life centered on what I lacked rather than on my abundant blessings. I realized that an attitude of lack frequently extended into my everyday life, beyond just food.  In Dallas Willard’s bool Life Without Lack, he wrote, ”What we place our minds on brings that reality into our lives. If we place our minds on God, the reality of God comes into our lives.”

The food detox was difficult, but I’m grateful I did it because it caused me to really look at my thought life. It urged me to make a constant effort to turn my thoughts to Jesus, especially when I find myself dwelling on what I think I lack. Thankfully as I set my mind on Jesus, I have everything.                                                                                                                                                     --Jeannie Blackmer

Soooo, my friends, “Set your minds on things above.” – Jesus, His Word, He loves us and gives us Hope.

A chorus from my childhood and lifetime thought:                                                             

 Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in his wonderful  face, .                                                    

  And the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace.


Try it. You might like it!  It Will bring you peace from the Prince of  peace.           

Have a blessed & healthy New Year.

Blessings, Gma J

No comments:

Post a Comment