Sunday, August 12, 2012

No Greater Love

"

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal Iife".  (John 3:16)

Hey Gang:  How many ways can one say," Thank You Lord for I am so wonderfully blessed".  I, and the bride of my youth celebrated fifty-five years of sharing our lives through many wildernesses, many high mountain experiences and many times when the road was filled with pot holes. 

There are some things that for me are impossible to put into words but King Lemuel  did such a magnificent job when he wrote, "An excellent wife who can find?  For her worth is far above jewels,  The heart of her husband trust in her, And he will have no lack of gain.  She does him good and not evil all the days of her life". (Pro. 31:10-12)

He went on and penned these words "She girds herself with strength and makes her arms strong.  She senses that her gain is good: Her lamp does not go out at night...She extends her hand to thepo0or, and she stretches out her hands to the needy" (31:17-18/20).
"Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she smiles at the future.  She opens her mouth in wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue" (31:25-26).

And then he concludes his description of the blessing of a loving and faithful help mate by saying "Many daughters have done nobly, but you excel them all.  Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised".v29-30).

We celebrated our fifty-five years together by attending a wedding and as I listened to the young bride and groom exchange their promises to each other it brought back wonderful memories of that day when I stood by the altar of the church and watched my bride come to me.  There are no words that can adequately describe the feelings that I had in that moment but let me also share that I have relieved that wondrous miracle of God's blessing mega multitudes of times in our trip to this world as "one". 

And I prayed that this young couple would commit their marriage to Jesus as we did that day and Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 will be their commitment to each other and to the Lord, for a strand of three cannot be  broken. 

"An excellent wife, who can find?  For her worth is far above jewels."  Amen and Amen!!!

 Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment