Friday, September 7, 2012

The East Gate and the Return of Jesus.





 “Lift up heads, O gates, and be lifted up, O  ancient doors.   That the King of Glory may come n!  Who is the King of glory?  The Lord strong and mighty.  The Lord mighty in battle….The Lord of hosts, He is the King of glory” (Psa. 24:7-10)

 Hey Gang:  Did you ever have had an experience or seen something that so impacted on your mind, heart and soul that you never forgot it.  I have had such an experience on several occasions.  I have been wondrously blessed to visit the land where Jesus walked, and will walk again, I believe very soon. 

 I have been blessed to visit from one end of the Land of Israel to the other.  I have visited the Old City of Jerusalem, Capernaum where Jesus spent most of his ministry time.  I have stood in what many believe is the  tomb where they laid Jesus body on that fateful night and have walked by the Sea of Galilee where Jesus did much of His teaching - as well as out on the Sea.

All life changing experiences, but there is one place that rates, in my heart, as the most  profound place I have ever been for its major ministry is yet to come.  As I stood on the Mount of Olives and looked down across the Kidron Valley to the City of David my heart began to beat faster and an amazing picture opened before my eyes. 

The words of Ezekiel came to life in a new and vibrant way that I shall never forget, “Then he brought me back to the outer gate of the sanctuary, which faces east; and I was shut.  And he said to me, "This gate shall remain shut; it shall not be opened, and no one shall enter by it; for the LORD, the God of Israel, has entered by it; therefore it shall remain shut.  Only the prince may sit in it to eat bread before the LORD; he shall enter by way of the vestibule of the gate, and shall go out by the same way." (Ezek 44:1-3)

Nehemiah described it this way . "...the gate that looketh toward the east: And the glory of the Lord came into the house by the way of the gate whose prospect is toward the east."  (Neh. 3:29)

Soooo, my young brothers and sisters in Christ, soon, and I believe very soon, the masonry placed there by the Ottoman Turks in 1530 A.D. used to wall up the East Gate will crack and fall away as the King of king and Lord of Lords will enter and take back what Has been - and continues to be His.

Blessings,

Gramps\

No comments:

Post a Comment