Monday, February 4, 2013

Just Rambling


“And I saw every work of God, I concluded that man cannot discover the work which has been done under the sun,even though man should seek laboriously, he will not discover, and through the wise man should say, “I know”,  he cannot discover” (Ecc. 8:17).

Hey Gang:  As I have mentioned in several morning messages, we were privileged to spend a week in Branson to celebrate with our military family. (We are here again for R/R.)  What joy there is in rubbing elbows with these warriors who loved their country enough to offer their very lives to protect it. 

While there we spent a day at their very famous and well traveled special-event park named Silver Dollar City.  I believe every Vet was there the day we choose go, resulting in long lines at every attraction.  We learned very rapidly that, if you wanted to see an event you had to spend an hour or so in line waiting for the doors to be opened and then another half hour or so before the play began.  But it was well worth every minute!



But, as you might have guessed, with the down time and waiting, my mind had plenty of time to look around and do some deep soul searching.  Suddenly a profound thought came into my head.  You do know where profound thoughts come from, don’t you?

A question came to mind, “When you have a broken appliance or car or any other things that has wheels, cogs, cotter pins and such, who do you call?  Do you call someone who has a history of failure in their resume?  I recalled the story of a lady who called a repairmen to fix her clothes dryer. The repairman looked at the machine for a moment and gave it a swift kick.  To her surprise the machine began to work.  He then charged her fifty dollars to which she replied, “Fifty dollars for kicking my machine?”  No, he said, “For know where to kick it.”

Is there a point to what I am saying?  Yes, we just completed an election in our nation and returned most of those folks who increased the debt of our nation more than five trillion dollars and placed our children and their children in jeopardy for mega years to come.  The same group has created such stringent regulations that they have placed in jeopardy every small business in our nation.  Add to that the albatross they hung around our necks in the form of Obamacare. I have come to the conclusion that American voters are strange, they seem to vote for  more agony and pain.  

Soooo, my young friends, let me ask you a question.  Would you hire any of those folks who reside in the Belt Way with the mandate to protect our economy, or moral standards, our integrity as a nation?  Would you choose to place a man in the highest office of our land who is an advocate for abortion, gay rights, same sex marriage, who blames our country for the evils of the world to come to protect the truth and integrity of our nation.  Ah, my friends, did we not just do that very thing?

Solomon wrote: “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom and instruction”. (Prov 1:7)  Lord, does that apply to politicians?   I have asked my Senator what the national debt was when he was elected to office.  Surprisingly he has chosen not to answer.  I wonder why.  After all he is my employee, chosen by me (not) to serve for my needs.  Now, there folks is some rambling that only causes frustration, agony and pain. 

PS Did you read recently that the American People are no longer in the top 10 of the Happiest People in the world?  (according to Barna Research we are now #12).

Blessings,

Gramps 

No comments:

Post a Comment