Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Check What GOes In!


"It is not what enters into the mouth that defiles the man, but what proceeds out of the mouth, this defiles the man"  (Matt. 15:11) "But the things that proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and those defile the man" (Matt. `15:18).

Hey Gang:  It seems every time I tune into one of the religious stations on television there are discussions going on pertaining to the signs of the times and I have learned that, if you do some channel surfing, you can find a discussion that you can agree with.   I think that is okay because each of those participants, if born again, have the same Holy Spirit in them that I do, and God speaks to each in a unique way that brings understanding to that person.

 And, if when we honor the opinion of our brothers and sisters, not that we necessarily agree with all that they say, we choose those parts of the discussion that agree with what we feel the Holy Spirit is saying to us,  that drives us to the Holy Writ to check out the authenticity of what has been said.

Jesus made it very clear that He did not want His children to be uninformed of what is going on and what is to come.  His first piece of advice to you and me, "Careful gang, Be not be deceived!”   He warned that in the latter and last days there are going to be many false prophets and false teachers. 
One of the things that always amazes me is the many productions of Hollywood based on religious themes.  The thing that amazes me is that the stories in the Bible, such as the flood, the story of Christ, the Exodus of the Children of Israel, and the parting of the waters are absolutely amazing miracles of God that need no embellishment by some producer who feels his interpretation is more grandiose than the Biblical story.

It reminds me of the times when I was watching an athletic event and the referees decided it was their game and not the participants game; the zebra opinions controlled the action.  I often wondered if they were refereeing the same game that I was watching. 

 As I watched the recent release of yet another story of Christ’ life and death, I wondered if they were using the same Bible that I have learned to love, and totally respect.   Oh, there were pieces that were similar, close enough that those whose Bibles are used for show in their homes, or just plain dust collectors, close enough to but miles from the truth.

As I watched the unfolding of the story in the movie I turned in my Bible to the last chapter of Revelation. The last four verse of the Bible contains a very frightening warning for those who take liberties with God's Word.    

 Keep in mind the Book of Revelation was dictated to John by Jesus Himself.  He closed it with these words:  "I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.  He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming quickly."  Amen, Come, Lord Jesus.  The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen" (Rev.22:18-22).

Soooo,  As I was lulling this morning message in my mind, during the night hours, Jesus words found in Luke's Gospel came to mind: "Woe to the world because of its stumbling blocks...If your hand and your foot causes you to stumble, cut them off and throw it from you....If your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out and throw it from you....for it is better to enter life without these than be cast into the fiery hell" (Matt. 18:7-10).   

Blessings,


Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment