Friday, April 6, 2018

Did You Notice...?



“Say to the daughter of Zion, “Behold your King is coming to you, gentle, and mounted on a donkey, Even on a colt, the foal of a beast of burden” (Matt. 21:5).  “Pilate said to them, “Then what shall I do with Jesus?”  They all said, “crucify him!” 

Hey Gang:  Just arrive home from several weeks in sunny Florida thinking our arrival home would be to spring-like weather with buds on the trees and greening of the grass.  Yuk! You know the old saying: ‘In like a lion, out like a lamb- or in like a lamb and out like a lion’.   

During this pre-Easter Season, I committed to search out as many Scriptures that in any way pointed to Calvary and the tremendous gift the Father gave to us: “For God so lived the world, that gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have ever lasting life” (John 3:16).  

In my research I found more than seven-five Scriptures that directly referred, in some way to the crucifixion.  There were many others that one might term ‘asides’, so, focusing on the crucifixion and all the ramifications of the crucifixion would include hundreds of others.  I have also found this to be true in my studies of prophecy.  I have found that over one-third of the Bible consist of prophecy-related Scriptures.  I tend to lean towards what God said about what is going to happen; however, one can find prophecy in most the Bible.

We left London, Kentucky on our final leg home on Easter Morning- about the same time that those churches which hold to the tradition of Sunrise Services, would have begun.  The London stop brought back memories of another time when I, along with my son and one of our workers, visited London to pick up three boys who had truanted and stolen a car.   Special memories for both Michael, my son and Dan, the worker, both have moved on to a far better place.

As we traversed the final 534 miles home, I did some very serious research.  Do you know how many churches there are between London, Kentucky and Big Rapids, Michigan?  I don’t know the exact number but counted more than one hundred.  My interest was not in the number of churches but in what their parking lots looked like.   I can share with you this morning, if all who arrived in the parking lots of the churches along Route 75 in Ohio are truly living for Jesus born again believers, the body of Christ is alive and doing very well in Ohio 
   
When we hit the Michigan line most lots were empty, so my parking lot research ended.  But before ending this epistle I want to share a thought that suddenly popped into my mind.   It pertained to the Scriptures of the day.  Jesus entered Jerusalem on a donkey to the worship and praise of the people who respected Him and loved Him. We know the rest of the story - that shortly thereafter, the mob screamed. “Crucify Him”.

The question that entered my mind: “Is this not similar to what is happening to our President today?”  We have a very clear and distinct differences of opinion in our nation – on one side we hear the voices of those who believe he was chosen and placed in the oval office by God, and, on the other side, we hear, “Impeach him” and, if that does not work, “Crucify him”.

We recently celebrated the home going of Billy Graham.  In one of his letters he wrote{ “It is the hope of the Second Coming of Christ that thrills me every day of my life,” I know that He is coming again, and I know that He going to see a kingdom of which there will  be no end.  In Titus 2, it says, “Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ”.

Jesus spoke to them saying, “Go therefore, and make disciples of all nations” (Read Matt; 28:18-20),

Blessings,

Gramps  

No comments:

Post a Comment