Saturday, October 31, 2020

Make a Difference in a Life, Today

 

Hey Gang, I don’t have the time or skills to write blogs as Gramps did, but I enjoy stories of how God works in peoples lives.  As I read them, I want to share them all! This one from Daily Guideposts, October 31, 2012, is one that we all need to take to heart and practice.  Gma J

Truly I say to you, wherever this gospel is preached in the whole world, what this woman has done will also be spoken of in memory of her.”  Matthew 26:13 (NAS)

Sometimes people doing ordinary tasks are rarely noticed, nor do they make the newspapers or have their lives told on-screen.

Let me tell you about an ‘ordinary’ person: a modest, soft-spoken woman - trim, quiet, unassuming, unnoticed by the crowd. Her house, like her, did not stand out from others. “Everyone has a talent,” she used to say, “but I don’t. I’m just a nobody.”

Then one late October night, groups of neighborhood children knocked on her door.  Into each colorful trick or treat bag, she dropped a homemade invitation to Sunday School.

However, she hesitated before doing so for two young brothers.  Their father head a construction company, their mother is a TV anchor. They already have everything. They’ll probably laugh at me. Even so, she told herself, I’ll drop them in anyway.

The two small boys, aged five and eight, carried the notes home with their accumulated candy. The following Sunday, both brothers -and their parents - showed up at church, all because of their neighbor’s invitation.

Twenty years passed; the former five-year-old was by then a pastor and his older brother a missionary on a foreign field. Their father rebuilt the same church when a faulty furnace burned it; their mother resigned her position to be a stay-at-home mom.  As for the self-effacing woman, she never stopped inviting little kids to Sunday School.

I Know the above story is true because my husband and our two small boys were ‘Mrs. Nobody’s neighbors!

                Thank You Father, that none of us is insignificant in Your sight.  -Isabel Wolseley

No comments:

Post a Comment