Sunday, March 21, 2021

Me? A Logo??

 Hey gang, today’s devotional reading from Mornings with Jesus is one that I believe we all need to consider, especially in these days that many are wanting to change our culture from God-led and God-fearing to trusting the wisdom of humankind. (read March 18, 2021)

 
Happy are those who are merciful to others….. Matthew 5:7

“I’m in awe of the talented people who take a concept or business and create a fitting logo.  With simple art, design, and lettering a logo becomes a symbol of the company or idea.  The public is reminded what the business represents when it sees the logo, without explanation from sales or marketing.

 My Logo for my writing business is a pen shaped like a threaded needle, which accompanies the tagline “I can’t unravel, I’m hemmed in Hope.”  Even if no one else recognizes the connection, I do.   It informs how I write, reminding me that hope lies at the core of it all.

 Haven’t we too often assumed that joy’s logo must be a smiley face?  The bright yellow sun-like image with two eyes and a single curved line or toothy grin has somehow cone to represent “I’m smiling” or I’m happy” or “That gives me joy.”

 But according to words Jesus said --His marketing copy- the truly happy and joy-filled aren’t represented by a smiley face logo.  How do you create a fitting and recognizable logo for “the poor in spirit….those who mourn…those who hunger…the merciful…those who are persecuted (for Jesus’ sake)” (Matthew 5:3-12, (NIV)? What symbol encapsulates all that Jesus said about authentic Joy?

The Fish symbol? No. That was born out of a coded method of letting others know of one’s authentic faith in Christ.  The cross?  That’s a priceless iconic symbol of authentic sacrifice and authentic love.  The empty Tomb?  Authentic victory and hope.  If only a graphic designer could capture a representation - an iconic image - of the depth of joy a soul knows when at peace, when fully trusting Jesus --- Cynthia Ruchti

Faith Step: You’ll come across may company logos throughout the day. Let them serve as a reminder of what Jesus offers you - authentic soul peace.

 This made me (Gma J) think that we are God’s logo for Joy! What is your Logo that others see?   “The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such there is no law. (Galatians 5:22-23).

 Blessings,

Gma J

No comments:

Post a Comment