Sunday, April 4, 2021

I AM the RESURRECTION

 

Sunday, March 31, 2013

 

 Jesus said, “You don’t have to wait for the End.  I AM, right now, the Resurrection and Life.  The one who believes in me, even though he or she dies, will live.  And everyone who lives believing in me does not ultimately die at all.  Do you believe this?” John 11:25. The Message    (Read Eph 2)

 HE IS RISEN!! He is risen, indeed.  These are greetings that we here often today, Resurrection Sunday!

Hallelujah! What a Savior! He Lives!  He is NOT in the grave!!  HE IS RISEN!!!!

 Jesus conquered sin and death and hell.  He experienced all those things.  The grave could not hold the Son of God!  Jesus took the keys of Hades and set the believers free.  Today, He is just the same and He offers each of us the passage from death to life.

 Jesus said, “I AM the resurrection and life.” Not I was or will be, but I AM!!  Resurrection literally means, ‘to cause to stand’.  This was spoken to Martha at the death of her brother.  Can you hear the mourners wailing?  In that dark hour Jesus declared His supreme authority over life and death. He declared himself a present, life-giving power, as well as the giver of eternal life.  Yes, He had raised others before this and demonstrated his power over death, but this had been 4 days! AND Jesus is the only one never to experience death again!!

 What Hope of Glory for all of us who have believing loved ones who have gone on before us because Jesus, by the hand of His Father, defeated death.  He told His disciples, “I go to prepare a place for you.”

 Later He revealed to Paul that those who live in Christ on the earth, have already been seated with the Father:  “Every believer who is in Christ Jesus is seated with him at the right hand of the Father” (Eph 2:6) The physically body may be on this earth, but Jesus bridged the gap from earth to heaven.  Hallelujah!!

 I love to sing ‘He Lives’.  ‘You ask me how I know he lives…. He Lives with in my heart!!!!’ It is important for us to remember that, if He, Jesus, lives with in my heart, then I have all His power and authority in me!  I am a KINGS KID with all rights and privileges.  I am alive in Christ and need to act like I believe that, not just in eternity but as He did here on earth.  “He that hath the Son hath life….” ( I John 5:12)

 “Don’t fear: I AM First, I AM Last, I’m Alive.  I died, but I came to life, and my life is now forever.  See these keys in my hand? They open and lock Death’s doors, they open and lock Hell’s gates.  Now write down everything you see: things that are, things about to be.” (Revelation 1: 17-18 The Message)

 Hallelujah, What a Savior who loved me enough to die in my place.

Jesus left His place, to come to my place, to die in my place, to take me to His place!

  HE LIVES  

 I serve a risen Saviour He's in the world today; I know that He is living, Whatever men may say;

I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer, And just the time I need Him He’s always near.
Chorus:

He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives  today! He walks with me and He talks with me
Along life's narrow way. He lives, He live, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives: He lives within my heart.

In all the world around me I see His loving care, And tho my heart grows weary I never will despair;
I know that He is leading Thro' all the stormy blast, The day of His appearing Will come at last.

Rejoice, rejoice, O Christian, Lift up your voice and sing Eternal hallelujahs To Jesus Christ the King!
The hope of all who seek Him, The help of all who find, None other is so loving, So good and kind.

 AND…. Because HE Lives…..  Bill Gaither

 Chorus

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,  Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future,  And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives!

God sent His son, they called Him, Jesus; He came to love, heal and forgive;
He lived and died to buy my pardon, An empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives! 

How sweet to hold a newborn baby, And feel the pride and joy he gives;
But greater still the calm assurance: This child can face uncertain days because He Lives! 
And then one day, I'll cross the river, I'll fight life's final war with pain;

And then, as death gives way to vict'ry, I'll see the lights of glory and I'll know He lives

Blessings,

Gramps and Gma J

No comments:

Post a Comment