Sunday, June 26, 2022

Are You Walking With Jesus?

 

Hey gang, you all know I am not a creative writer, but I do a lot of reading. I praise God every day for those with the gift of words to express things I feel: some are wordsmiths like Max Lucado, teachers like Chuck Swindoll, some, story writers like the Bodie Thoene , and some Daily Devotional writers like I read in Daily Guideposts. 

Sometimes we just need to be reminded that Abba Father is always with us and even knows what is ahead – Like this example from Guideposts, Friday June 24,2022. 

 

Friday, June 24 

“And my God shall supply ALL your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. ” Philippians 4:19

When my brother retired as a commercial airline pilot, I flew to Louisville for his last landing ceremony and retirement party.  Because there were so many family members in town for the festive weekend, my son, grandson, and I stayed at the house of one of my sisters-in-law’s best friends.  Barb was out of town for the weekend and her home was better than a five-star hotel.

In the morning, as I enjoyed a cup of tea and raisin toast in the Kitchen, I noticed a plaque on Barb’s wall that read, “Life is a journey. Enjoy the ride.” I pondered my own journey through life and decided that I am, indeed, enjoying the ride, even though sometimes it feels like the struggles outnumber the easy times.

But another plaque in Barb’s beautiful home said, “Don’t worry about tomorrow. God is already there.” Well, now, if that didn’t take care of the struggles part of my life, I don’t know what did.

It Is such a simple truth, but one I often forget: God is already there, no matter where my journey is taking me.  Whether it be through scarry travels, sickness, death of a loved one, health problems, financial struggles, or sad times with friends, God is already there to comfort me and lead me through the difficult times.

So, wherever I go in this world, I try to picture God Himself arriving there just ahead of me, welcoming me with open arms, with comfort, and compassion, and with a warm hand in mine, as we take the journey together.

Heavenly Father, never let me forget that You are the power behind my comprehension – One who is there for me every single minute and step of my journey………… Patricia Lorenze

 

Digging Deeper: Matthew 6:8; Philippians 4:10-13; Hebrews 6:4-6; Revelation 21:23-25

 

I trust in these trying times that you will know and recognize that God is already there to walk with you. Be strengthened and encouraged.

Blessings,

Gma J

No comments:

Post a Comment