Sunday, July 31, 2022

Seed Planting to benefit Your Relationships!

Hey Gang, those of you who have been with ‘Gramps Morning thoughts’ for any length of time know his “Seed Planter” heart. This recent Devotional from Daily Guideposts adds some new thoughts.  I thought it would be good to share.  My Mother was the gardener in our family.

 

“The LORD will guide you always; He will satisfy you needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.” Isaiah 58:11.

 

     “On any summer morning you can find my dad in his garden, picking a bounty of cucumbers, green beans, okra, tomatoes, and the like. As one of six children, Dad’s green thumb was cultivated at an early age, under the watchful eye of his father.  Amid dirt roads in Guilford County North Carolina, in the early 1960’s, he learned how to prepare soil and cultivate land, when to plant seeds and when to water, and how to prevent weeds from destroying what he has worked hard to procure. When properly tended, his crops have provided not only for him, but for his family and friends, with whom he regularly shared baskets of overflow.

 

     Recently, as my dad talked about preparations for an upcoming garden, he emphasized how his seeds only reach their full potential if he doesn’t neglect them. His words made me think of the things I want to flourish in my life. The patience I needed for my son as he navigated through his teenage years Needed  to be watered with love.  The roots of my marriage that I prayed would run strong and deep had to be strengthened with kindness. The peace that I wanted to shine over my life had to be cultivated with time in the Word of God.

 

       If my life is to flourish with long- lasting fruit, I must keep my soul cleared from the entanglement of sin and spend time in the Son-shine.                                              Tia McCollons   Jule 29, 2022

 

           LORD, let my life flourish with abundance. May every great thing that You have planted in me                   spring  forth richly.

Digging Deeper Psalm 92:12-14; Luke 8:15; Colossians 1:9-10; 2 Peter 1:5-9

 

Sooo, have you checked your ‘Seed Planting’ into others as well as into  yourself?

Blessings Gma J

  

No comments:

Post a Comment