Sunday, December 11, 2022

Christmas hassel or Peace? You choose

 Hey Gang, Soo often devotionals I read say things that are in my heart.  Christmas is such a special Holiday for Christ-followers, celebrating with families, the Birth of our Savior, Jesus, the God’s special gift to us and inspires our own gift giving. 

But the world and our culture continue to try to obscure even His name (Christmas some now call Winter Festival) -with glitz and glitter, merchandise, hustle and bustle -instead of the joy of sacrificial giving with music celebrating Jesus’ birth. 

I pray you will enjoy family, and gift giving in memory of the special God gave to us – Jesus our hope of Eternity together in Glory.

Jesus IS the Light of the world (John 8:12). Let His Light shine brightly and boldly through You, (Matthew 5:14) that others may see your good works and glorify our Father in heaven….  He was born a baby – all of God that could be put in human flesh –“A white hot moment when eternity melted into time …but died a willing sacrifice for my sin and yours.

Charlie brown.jpg

From my Mornings with Jesus  by Guideposts  Dec 10, 2022,

She brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for the in the Inn.” Luke 2:7 (NKJV)

            I live in a divided household. My husband, Hal, always wants a real live tree for Christmas. I am fond of artificial evergreens for their convenience. Hal has won the annual tree standoffs.

            One recent Christmas I felt overwhelmed by the responsibilities and expectations.  The big day was a week away, and we didn’t have a tree.  I told Hal to forget about finding one.  We didn’t need it. Hal thought otherwise and said, ”Ill get us a tree.”

 A few days later, I walked into our living room and found that Hal had made good on his promise.  Here in the corner was a miniature ceramic Christmas sitting on top of some boxes that were draped with a tablecloth. This homemade display was wrapped in a single string of lights. I call it our Charlie Brown tree – reminiscent of the sapling the Peanuts character chose for a holiday celebration—and it made me smile.

Our humble little tree was special, even without all the usual flashing lights, ornaments, and ribbon. It reminded me of Jesus, who also had humble beginnings. Born in a stable surrounded by animals and hay, the Savior of the world entered with no fanfare or bright lights, except for the angels who sang to the shepherds.

            I hope our Charlie Brown tree will be a new tradition, reminding me to focus more on Jesus and less on the holiday hoopla.                                            ___Barbranda Lumpkins Walls

 

Jesus son of Man.jpgking size bed   Jesus.jpg

Faith Step: What can you decrease so that Jesus will increase in your life this holiday season?  

Have a Christ -filled Christmas

 Gma J                                                                                                                                                             


No comments:

Post a Comment