Sunday, February 19, 2012

Why Pictures from Israel


Holy Land Picture of the Day  
Samaria (ICEJ Staff photograph)Northern Samaria
Today's picture is of a strip of Highway 443 which runs through northern Samaria. It reminds us of Jesus' words in Acts Acts 1:7-8; "He said to them, "It is not for you to know times or epochs which the Father has fixed by His own authority; but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth" 

“For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ…Therefore, encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing” (I Thess. 5:9/11).


Hey Gang:  If I were asked, “What  is the most glorious experience I was ever privileged to experience?” There would be no hesitation -  It occurred over twenty years ago when we were blessed to go to Israel for the first time.   Twenty minutes before landing the pilot turned on Israeli music that penetrated deep into  our hearts and soul.  When we touched down a peace that surpasses understanding filled our hearts as never before: Rehoboth – Home!

Why such a blessing?  I mean ,it is just another Jewish City.  O, yes, it does have some special significance for Christians, Jews and Moslems, but why all the emotion attached to walking the streets where Jesus walked?   Reason number one is  that God loves Israel and I am a child of God and have been commanded by God to pray for the peace of Jerusalem.  There is no way you can pray for Jerusalem knowing how much God loves it without falling deeply in love with this eternal city.

Secondly, it is the place where I expect to spend eternity and I want to know as much about my eternal dwelling place as I can learn.  When I read the words of Jesus, through John in Revelation, it sends a joy and peace that surpasses any joy and peace that I have experienced before.

When I stood on the mount of Olives and looked across the Kidron Valley to the Gate Beautiful, I remembered what John wrote, “I saw the Holy city New Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.  And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying,  “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them., and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and there will  no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain, the first things have passed away” (Rev. 21:2-4).

My deepest desire is that each one who receives ‘gramps morning thoughts, will one day be able to walk where Jesus walked and feel the same peace and joy - knowing one day the Old City will be replaced by a new city, the city where “There is no temple for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb  are its temple, and there is no need for sun or moon for the glory of God will illuminate it.  A place where the gates will never close – a place where there will be nothing unclean but only those whose names are listed in the Lamb’s Book of Life will be permitted to enter” (Rev. 21:22-27).

Soooo, It is for that reason that I have begun to send the daily pictures that I receive from Israel through the International Christian Embassy in Jerusalem each day, and pray they will dig deep into your soul and  you, too, will feel the joy and peace anticipating that one day you too will walk the streets of gold and live eternally in the presence of Yeshua, the Son of God.

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment