Wednesday, February 1, 2012


Holy Land Picture of the Day  
The Jordan River (ICEJ Staff photograph)The Jordan River
Today's picture is of the Jordan River, which looms large throughout the Biblical narrative, including in Mark 1:4-6; "John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins. And all the country of Judea was going out to him, and all the people of Jerusalem; and they were being baptized by him in the Jordan River, confessing their sins. John was clothed with camel's hair and wore a leather belt around his waist, and his diet was locusts and wild honey"

“”He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming quickly.” Amen, Come Lord Jesus.”    (Rev. 22:20).

Hey Gang:  I have mentioned my D14 Allis Chalmers Tractor in several morning messages, usually using it as an object of frustration but I want you to know, I am not sure what I would do if I did not have it.  I also have a semi-worn out garden tractor that long since gave up its ability to cut grass but has been a wonderful run about that saves hours on the mower and D14. 

Just when it was committed to the “junk heap” it gained new life.  But,  it tends to be a wee bit cranky and I am never sure it will feel like running today.  I keep a battery charger on it continually to keep its energy at peak levels and know if the temperature is below forty, I can forget it for the day.

In other words I am never quite sure Old Charlie will get up and go.  So what is the message here?  I am
78 year of age and, like the D14 that is more than sixty years old, there are more and more days when I feel like my “get up - got up and went”.  To complete task that I used to enjoy doing have now entered the “act of the will” category.

I have also learned that many things I used to do automatically, now require thinking and planning.  When I was speaking two and three times a week, I used to tell those who asked if I would come and speak to their group,  “Have mouth with travel”.  In other words speaking was a piece of cake because my mind was continually being filed with the message I felt God wanted to deliver;  but that is not the case anymore.

Now to prepare and deliver  messages are much more difficult and require much more time.  Now why in the world am I telling you this – this morning?  To set the table for this comment that I pray will dig deep into your soul.  

Ready?  Every day you waste now, when you are young and your brain is vibrant and ready to receive
what God wants to put in for future usage- when the rubber-hits-the-road, is time gone forever.  When we hit a clinker we cannot say “just a minute, I need to go look up and see what the Lord has to say about this crisis in our lives.

Soooo,  my young friends, take a word or two of advice from an older-than-dirt-hombre, if you do not put God’s word into your heart and mind now, when your mind is best equipped to receive,  He will have nothing to pull out when you find your back- is-against-the-wall. (to you computer geeks - GIGO!)

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment