Monday, September 10, 2012

A Gigantic Leap into the Trash Can



"And My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land" (2 Chron. 7:14).

Hey Gang, the conventions are over, (Thank you Jesus) and we have set out on the countdown period to the election that will determine who will take up residence in the White House and oval office.  Somehow I sense this election is far more important than any previous election and will determine if the United States of America will remain united, and if it will remain the mighty force for good that God designed it to be.

I was saddened, and confess at times very angry with what was coming forth from the podiums of both conventions, I also admit there were times when my blood pressure would not allow me to stay tuned. 

Countless speeches, millions of words.  Speeches filled with hatred, and innuendos, with false promises and even with half truths or no truth at all.  For the first time God was told there is no place in the platform by those who adhere to the donkey party.  Oh, but you say they put it back.  I suspect God has a different opinion.  I was a wee bit amused when one, so called broadcast expert  commented, "There will be a nose-jam in DC when all the Pinocchio's return to the city."

But, how wonderfully great is our God! He gently reminded me that He has a plan for our nation, and He neither slumbers or sleeps.  He reminded me that although He cares for our country, we should keep our eyes on Jerusalem and be faithful in our praying for the peace of Jerusalem.  He reminded me that Habakkuk, the prophet, cried out to God, "How along will You not hear?," and God's response, "Be astonished!  Wonder!  Because I am doing something in your days you would not believe if you were told" (Hab. 1:5).

Sooooo, my young warriors.  Yes, the world power brokers believe they are sitting in the cat-bird seat.  The world is crumbling and there is a cockiness within their ranks that they can weather yet another storm and maintain their power.  How sad that God placed them on their thrones and blessed them with the opportunity to do great things for Him and for His sheep, but most have chosen the very wide road to destruction.

As I sit here this morning I can feel a cool breeze coming through the window.  It looks like it is going to be a great day to get outside and do some of those chores that need to be completed.  I wonder, Lord, how many like days  will we have until man comes to that place where You said, "If I do stop this nonsense, man will annihilate himself".   

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment