Monday, September 17, 2012

You Are Only a Seed Planter and Not a Harvester



"Jesus said, 'Go therefore and make disciples'"....(Matt. 28:19a)  "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth." (Acts 1:8).

Many years ago I had the privilege of serving as God's chaplain at the Village.  What a blessing
to open the eyes and hearts of the youngsters to the wonderful fact that the God of the universe loved them. One chapel service the Lord laid it on my heart to give those who had come to love the Lord a chance to stand to their feet and acknowledge that love.

I was amazed when nearly every one of the fifty boys stood, but I lived with these youngsters every minute of every day and knew there were many who were not ready to make such a declaration.  So, I told them to sit down and I went through the steps of the plan of salvation once again; at the conclusion I again asked those, who felt they really wanted God to be the pilot of their lives, to stand. 

Again amazed, I witnessed a similar action on the part of the boys, nearly all stood.  Again I had them sit down and told them to go back to their rooms tonight and take out their Bibles and ask God to speak to their hearts and seek His great salvation until they felt a peace in their hearts.

We did not often have visitors to our chapel services, but that night we did  - a minister friend of one of the staff.  After the boys and staff had departed for their houses he came up to me and began to rag on me.  His asked  "What right did I have to tell the kids whether or not they were ready to accept the Lord and Savior of their lives?'  I was truly amazed that he, a man o0f the cloth, could possibly believe that I controlled when each boy made the decision to surrender his life to the Lord.

How I praise God that I am not the harvester but only the seed planter.  God knew the hearts of each of those young men and those who were sincere that night and stood before their Lord and said, "Come into my heart Lord Jesus". These were immediately accepted into God's family and their name written into the Lamb's Book of LIfe". I trust the others had a thirst for this relationship.

Sooo, my young buckaroos and buckaroo-ettes, let me give you a chunk of really fabulous news, when Jesus said, "Go into all the world and share the Good News that Jesus Christ", the Son of God, the creator of all you survey promised to give you a gigantic tool box filled with all the tools you will need to complete your assignment.  In other words you have no excuse for not following His challenge to you so "Go for it!"

Blessing,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment