Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Words I Never Want To Hear


 Words I Never Want to Hear!  14th

“I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot.  So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth” (Rev. 3:15-16).   

 Hey Gang, I promised you I wouldn’t deal with politics in the ‘morningthoughts’  but I sense the need to deviate from that restriction a tiny bit on this particular issue.  The Bible is filled with very frightening verses for those who turn their backs on God and go their own way,  But I find none that are any more frightening than these (above) words of Jesus through John.

As I read these verses once again a question popped into my mind, “As Believers, are we accountable for how we vote?  And, even if we do not vote?  Are we held accountable, if God gives us the opportunity to witness to a person who needs to know Yeshua as Lord and neglect to open the door of salvation to that person?

I ask these questions with the following information at hand from Joel Rosenburg of The Joshua Fund – a trusted researcher.  I quote the following facts from the election in his blog:

1.     If Romney had been able to win over significantly more evangelicals – and or dramatically increase evangelical turnout in the right states – he would have won the election handily.

2.    It is stunning to think that more than 6 million self-described evangelical Christians would vote for a President who supports abortion on demand, supported the same sex marriage ballot initiative  that passed in Maryland, Main and Washington, and was on the cover of Newsweek as America’s first “gay president’.  Did these self-professed believers surrender their Biblical convictions in the voting booth, or did they never really have deep Biblical convictions on the critical issues to begin with? Or uninformed?

3.    Whatever their reasons, these so-called evangelicals doomed Romney and a number of down-ballot candidates for the House and Senate.

4.    This is what happens when the Church is weak and fails to disciple believers to turn Biblical faith into action.

5.    Given the enormous number of evangelical Christians in the U. S., this bloc could still affect enormous positive change for their issues, if they were to unify and vote for the pro-life, pro-marriage candidate as a bloc.

I recently made a mercy run to the hospital to transport an elderly gentleman home who had been there for tests.  In the course of conversation, which I admit was very one sided, he informed me that he was going to vote for President Obama.  When asked why, he said he did not trust Romney and thought he had lied to the people.  He also stated that CNN has been very adamant in surfacing the really bad things that Romney has done in his political career. (As if Obama never lied to us)

Later, I learned that this gentlemen was a retired minister from a Bible believing evangelical local church.  Unfortunately, I arrived as his domicile before I could ask him if Romney advocated for gay rights, same sex marriage and mass mutilation of babies before they drew their first breath.

Sooooo, I return to the question, are we accountable to God for what we do in the polling place? or choosing not even to enter the polling place?  Something to ponder.             

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment