Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Satan's Most Effective Weapon!

"The experienced mountain climber is not intimidated by a mountain - he is inspired by it. The persistent winner is not discouraged by a problem - he is challenged by it. Mountains are created to be conquered; adversities are designed to be defeated; problems are sent to be solved. It is better to master one mountain than a thousand foothills." William Arthur Ward

Hey Gang, Did you know that Satan's greatest tool in his toolbox that he uses against  God's people is discouragement?  Within moments of enjoying a spiritual victory, every believer becomes a target for the powers of hell.  The devil attacks us with lies about our marriage, our friendships, and our calling;  He replays, in our minds, every sin, failure and foolish thing we've ever done.  By the time he's finished we're crying, "Lord, I'll never make it!"

David was brought so low by a demonic spirit that he was dumbfounded in God's presence.  "I, as a deaf man, heard not; and I was a dumb man that opened not his mouth.  Thus I was as a man...in whose mouth are not reproofs" (Ps. 38:13-14.  The last phrase means "a man who has no arguments left".  David was saying, "Lord, I'm too discouraged to even lift my hand.  I can't pray because I'm too confused to speak.  My spirit is drained and empty.  I have nothing to say." Have you ever been there?

Was his trial unique? Not in your sweet bippy.  I have read many biographies of devout men and women whom the Lord used mightily, and every one of these people struggled through the same kind of crippling discouragement.  David voiced the universal cry of the righteous soul that endures an attack of discouragement:  "I am ready to fall and my sorrow is continually before me" (38:17).  David was saying, "Lord, I'm not going to make it.  I'm at my absolute end, about to fall."

If you're enduring an attack from a demonic spirit of discouragement, I suggest you do three things: (1) Do not try to maneuver your way out of your trial;  the battle is far beyond your human skill or power to overcome.  (2;) When the attacks come don't think it is unusual:  God allows this kind of fiery testing for all  his saints.  (3) Pray, give the Holy Spirit time to do His work.  When you're under discouragement you won't feel like praying, but you still must go to your secret place and be in Jesus’ presence.  It is the Spirit's joy to lift you out of your pit.

When, it seems like you are residing in ‘alligator alley’, keep in mind, "The battle is not yours, but God's" (2 Chron. 20:15) and "you need not fight in this battle; station yourselves, stand and see the salvation of the Lord on your behalf" (2 Chron. 20:17a).    It doesn't matter how downcast you get - God will never forsake you!

In such low times the Lord is very patient with us.  He knows our condition and he sympathized with us.  If you don't have the strength to speak, reach out to him in your spirit, and trust the Spirit to do his work in you.  Say in your heart, ‘Lord, I know your Spirit abides in me.  I know you have sent him to comfort me, strengthen me and reveal the mind of Christ to me.  Holy Spirit, I turn to you now in simple faith.  Speak to my heart your words of comfort.  I have no strength left; you have to lift me up and lead me.’ 


Soooo, dare to believe He will speak to you!  You're not going to faint.  Indeed, you'll come out of your trial more victorious because your faith will have been tested and tested as gold.  Watch and see the Lord fulfill every promise He has made to you.

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment