Friday, August 30, 2013

Vain or Sincere?


"And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions like the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words" (Matt. 6:7)  

Hey Gang  I have always had the feeling that repetition is effective for about a week and then I tend to be negligent in follow through.  I am plagued with several ailments that require medication every day and, to not take the correct dosage prescribed, I pay the piper but yet I tend to forget. 

Now I realize we might have five people in a circle and ask them to define repetitious and we would get six to eight definitions.  My simple mind tends to define it as disciplining oneself to do a certain thing on an on-going basis for my own good. 

We have been commanded by the Lord to go to the cross daily.  Why?  We each may have our own reason why this trip is suggested by the Lord.  I suspect He knows our attention span may be a day-long but after that even the most focused tend to lose focus.  Having been to Israel on several occasions, I have come to the conclusion that most religious Muslim’s and Jews are more disciplined in their prayers than Christians.    

The religious Jews pray three times a day and point their prayers towards Jerusalem and the religious Muslims five times a day and point their prayers toward Mecca.  But, if the prayers are not sincere or not come from the depth of the heart, they become mere words that have lost their meaning.  I wonder if these morning messages have become repetitious and perhaps I should send them once a week or perhaps monthly.  Would they then be more effective?

I would be remiss, if I did not tell you that repetition can also be good, if you are a disciplined person and stay the course.  It is very obvious that, if we are diligent in our repetition of seeking the Lord at all times, spending quality time in our prayer closet, and placing Yeshua at the pinnacle of all we say and do,  we can grow in the Lord and in the Word. 

Soooo, my friends, Just something to think about and ponder.  Is your relationship with the Father based on vain repetitions?  Or is there salad, soup,  meat and potatoes and even desert in your prayer life?   Yes, religious Muslim's and Jews are very diligent, even repetitious in their prayer life.  But, if it is not based on Yeshua as Lord and Savior, it becomes vain in nature and powerless.

Blessings,


Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment