Monday, March 10, 2014

Do You Feel Like You Are In God's Shaker?


Hey Gang:  The writer of Hebrews wrote these words, “Yet once more I will shake not only the earth, but also the heaven.”  Yet once more,” denotes the removal of those things which can be shaken, as of created things so that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.  Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude, by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe; for our God is a consuming fire.  (Heb. 12:26-29).

 James wrote, “Consider it all joy  when you are in the shaker knowing the testing of your faith produces endurance and endurance the perfect result so that you may be perfect and complete lacking in nothing”  (James 1:2-4 Hainley rendition).

Yes, my young friends, we are going to go through increasingly more difficult shakers as the end of the Age of Gentiles, described so clearly in the Prophets and Revelation,  The writers of Hebrews and James also knew that, but they also had the words of Jeremiah in their computer banks.  Notice the power verse in Jeremiah 29:12 where God said, “For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.” 

As I little twerp I dreamed of the days when I could make my own decisions and do what pleased me.  And then that day arrived and I walked into the world of reality.  The Amish have a saying that goes like this: "To quick old and too late smart!"  I have learned the wisdom in that statement a thousand or so times - each time I think I have the answer and tell God to take a hike that I can handle this "back-against-the-wall experience.  My life has consisted of a never-ending line of peaks and valleys, some top-of-the-mountain times when I allow God to be in control, and the drudgeries of the valleys, when I say, ‘okay I will take it from here.'

In the past several weeks I have encountered some new valleys.  It is common to hear people refer to the older years as the Golden Years.  I have modified that to say Golden Years for the medical profession.  I have always been super blessed with good health but in the past several months my body has been sending me messages that my four score years is catching up with me.

There are new aches and pains, new infirmities which gives me the right to grumble- right?  No, when I feel like doing that I turn by attention to those restricted to wheel chairs or life threatening conditions and I say, "Thank You Father for the wonderful gift of health!”   
     
 Soooo my young friends, when it feels that God has you in His shaker turn to Isaiah 25:1 and shout to the heavens,  “O Lord, You are my God; I will exalt You, I will give thanks to Your name; For You have worked wonders, Plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfulness". Having a tough time? Find someone that is worse off than you and bless them.


Blessings,  

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment