Monday, June 23, 2014

If the Nations are Destroyed, What Can the Righteousness Do? Part One

"Be gracious to me, O God, be gracious to me, For my soul takes refuge in You; And in the shadow of Your wings I will take refuge until destruction passes by.  I will cry to God Most High, To God who accomplishes all things for me.  He will send from heaven and save me; He reproaches him who tramples upon me.  God will send forth His lovingkindness and His truth" (Psa. 57:1-3).

Hey Gang:   Does anyone out there believe as I, that the foundations of this once great nation are being attacked at its very roots?   The local news lays out a depressing scenario that sounds much like 2 Timothy 3.    Paul set this Scripture in cement when he wrote, "All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work".  (vs. 16-17).

I wonder if Paul knew, when he penned these words, that many would look into the mirror and say, "O, common Paul, I ain't too bad.  Have you looked at my neighbor down the street?  He makes me look like a saint. 

 I am one who has invested his life in trying to convince the younger generation there is a better way to live their lives and that way centers on Jesus being the Lord and King of their lives.  And so I have spent a good portion of my life seeking ways to get inside the hearts of the young folks showing them there are much greater things in this world than the bangles and beads that soon lose their luster and, like the grass, fad away.

So let me share some Scriptures that I have found in bold print in my Bible during those times when the alligators were up to my armpits.  You might want to pin them up on your bathroom mirror because I can guarantee you will feel Satan has his green monsters in his shop sharpening their teeth.

Point One:  If you have confessed Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you need never fear the wrath of God.  Those in Christ are ever sheltered by the blood of Christ.  Paul gives us a warning in his letter to the Romans, "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness" (Rom. 1:18).  John gives us the antidote to that warning "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him." (John 3:36))

Point Two:  Isaiah assures us that God has provided a hiding place for His children during just such times when alligators are snapping at our heels:  "Come, my people, enter into your rooms and close your doors behind you; Hide for a little while until indignation runs its course.  For behold, the Lord is about to come out from His place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity; And the earth will reveal her bloodshed and will no longer cover her slain" (Isa. 26:20-21).

Point 3.  Isaiah also gave us the assurance we can find a place of comfort and composure during volatile times of His wrath:  "The steadfast of mind You will keep in -perfect peace, Because he trust in You" (Isa. 26:3).

Soooo, young warriors, that gives you enough to chew on this day.  There is no question we are in that time referred to by Paul as "perilous times".    We need to make sure our armor is firmly in place, spit polished, and sword sharpened, for the evil one knows his days a very short in number and is running to and fro across our country seeking those he can devour.

Blessings,

Gramps


No comments:

Post a Comment