Monday, August 4, 2014

Prayer IS Warfare!


"And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it:  but I found none - (Eze. 22:30)

Hey Gang:  I was out doing one of my favorite chores, cutting, splitting and stacking wood for the coming fuzzy-white-stuff times when God tapped me on the shoulder and said, “You need to finish the morning message you sent yesterday.”    As I reread the Scripture the words, "but I found none" stuck out in bold print.  It brought to mind Isaiah's commission: "Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?"  Then I said, "Here am I, Send me!"   (Isa. 6:8). 

The situation described in today's key verse made me think of our nation today.  Was Israel really in such straits that there was not one man to intercede for them?  God said that He had found none.  This brings up another question.  Will God use just one man to stem such a flood of sin?  Would it take just one to fill the gap or make up the hedge in America to turn our country back to God?

When our present president was elected by a landslide, I had great hope that this could be a man who could lead America back to the Judeo-Christian principles on which our founding fathers built this once great and blessed nation.  I believe with all my heart that he was given a mandate to do just about anything he felt would pull the nation out of the dive we were in.  

From the account in Exodus, it appears that God can use one man to stem the flood of sin in a nation.   Just one faithful man on his knees, in his closet, interceding before God for his church or his community, can have amazing power with God.  Such a man is taking the battle to the level where it should be fought.

If we are not known in the spirit world, as Paul was known (Acts 19:15), we are worth little as preachers or intercessors. You and I should be known by the devil as dangerous enemies of his satanic agenda because of our persistent intercession.  Prayer is spiritual warfare.  The battle for spiritual victory and lost souls depends heavily on prayer.  The battle is won or lost right here.  Evangelistic efforts and outreach programs are simply the trucks that God's people drive out on the field to pick up the spoils of the warfare of prayer.

Aaron and Hur helped Moses' intercession by holding up his hands.  Where was the battle won that day?  In the valley?  No, on the mountain!  The victory in the valley was decided by the intercession on the mountain.  Likewise, the church would win more victories in her valleys, if there were more intercessors on the mountain. "The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (James 5:16). 

Soooo,  I hear many people banging on the government the leaders of the nation, on just about everything.  Listening to the news is an exercise in gloom and despair, but we also need to remember that God gave very clear instruction on how to fix the problem: "If My People who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and heal their land" (2 Chron. 7:14). 

We hear there is need for revival across our land but, I would submit to you this morning that we need the Church to awake from its slumber and follow the mandate that the Lord gave for healing of lands.  Then perhaps revival will breakout at every crossroads in our country.  So, be that man!  Stand in the gap.  Make intercessory prayer a way of life.

Blessings, 

Gramps


No comments:

Post a Comment