Friday, August 1, 2014

Why Are The Nations Of The World In Such An Uproar?


"But as for me, I will install My King upon Zion, My holy mountain" (Psalm 2:6)

Hey Gang: I want to remind you this morning in the midst of these troubling times that you are a child of the KING of kings and LORD of lords.  Your citizenship is not on this earth but anchored in the heavenlies with your LORD and Messiah, Yeshua.  You are a Citizen of Heaven!

 Can you say ‘Praise the LORD’ for that this morning from the depth of your heart?  I know you are aware of that but, when the alligators are running rampant, we sometimes tend to forget that our God has us in the palm of His hand and will never leave us or forsake us.  We need to remind ourselves that God alone has total control of all that we survey.

The writer of Hebrews tells us that God is going to shake everything that can be shaken so that only those things that cannot be shaken remain.  There was an old country preacher who had just finished a fiery sermon on the coming of the LORD and the need to have your house in order, when an older gentlemen in the middle of the congregation stood up and began to yell out, "Something is fixen’ to happen, something is fixen’ to happen!
  
It kind of ticked-off the old country preacher.  But, the longer the old gent shouted this out, the more it got into the spirit of the old country preacher until he could no longer contain himself.  He ran down off the stage, down the aisle in beside the old gent; the Preacher threw his arms around the man and shouted, "I don't know when something is fixen’ to happen but I am fixen’ to be part of it".   

I believe we could all agree that our nation is in chaos and because of our terrible national sin, we will soon come under the judgment of our God.  Marv Rosenthal of Zion Fire Ministries wrote the following in his monthly letter to his readers: "I know that many beloved Christian leaders are calling and praying for national repentance, and I commend them for their call to righteousness.  Certainly our God has the power to bring about repentance, if it is His will to do so.  However, I fear that our national rejection of some of the most based things - such as the sanctity of life in the womb, marriage only between a man and a woman, and what only can be viewed as the moral insanity of our government - has taken us beyond the point of no return"

I have had the privilege, the past several weeks, to share some of my thoughts on "What's Happening Man”- in our world that has true meaning, with our Sunday School class ".  I did a similar study two years ago with a group in another city.  I thought I was up to speed with what was really happening but, when I began to expand my vision and seek the Holy Spirit’s guidance, I found my greatest problem was not finding sufficient material to keep the interest of the class for these forty-five minutes but, in reality, the true problem was staying within the time allotted to me.

Jesus, in His Olivet Discourse, gave a prefect description of our world today.  (Matt. 24:1-14) Paul in his second letter to his adopted son, Timothy, gave us a panoramic view of what man's heart will look like as the Age of the Gentiles winds down. (2 Tim. 3:2-7/13).  “It is a time when men's hearts are failing them with fear and anxiety.”

But in the midst of the woes, described by Jesus in the Olivet Discourse, He promises his children "The one who endures to the end, he will be saved" (24:13).     And Paul gives us the formula for staying the course and keep our eyes on Jesus, "All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, and correction, for training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work" (2 Tim. 3:16-17).

Sooooo, my young friends, yes, it does look like the sky is falling, but notice Jesus’ words in Luke 21:28: "When these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up our heads, because your redemption is drawing near."  He also said, "Be on guard, so that your heart is not weighted down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of life, and that day will  not come on you suddenly like a trap"  (21:34).  "But keep on the alert at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are about to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man"(Vs 36).  


Blessings, 

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment