Wednesday, February 18, 2015

DO You HAve A God Approved Standard of Measure?

God's Power Principle For Today:   “Give, and it will given to you, They will pour into your lap a good measure – pressed on, shaken together, and running over.  For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return.” (Luke 6:38).   

Hey Gang:  Have you ever asked yourself the question, “What does God want of me when I grow up?’  As I have searched the Scriptures, I believe I have found the answer to that question – He wants only for us to be obedient to His word, trust and obey, and be a Bond Servant for Christ.  I determined it was good enough for Paul and Peter and John and should be good enough me. 

Paul wrote, “Do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind”.  In other words “be different”, be “peculiar”.  Stick out like a sore thumb.   Now they tell me that there are no two snow-flakes that are identical.  I haven’t a clue how they know.  I tried once to compare two and they melted as quickly as I touched them. But if the Word tells me so,  I have no problem believing! 

This I know, I moved a heap of snow-flakes last winter and admit I did not take the time to do a scientific study of comparisons.  But as I moved the tons of snow (thankfully with a snow blower)  I thought is that not what God wants out of his children – each to be uniquely equipped to do a specific job for him.  

One of my favorite stories about God's miraculous pottery wheel transformations is a criminal by the name of Frank who, after an experience with God in the solitary confinement cell in a Georgia Prison, made such a change that he was paroled many years before  his due date was to be considered. 

One night in prison he was awakened by a bright supernatural light; out of that light came the voice of God informing him that He (God) had brought him into the world for a specific purpose and He (Frank) was not fulfilling that purpose.  After being paroled, Frank developed a ministry to those who were in similar straights from which he had been freed and wrote a book titled Holes in Time.  His challenge in the book was to all those who have chosen 'to go their own way' and are not fulfilling the mission God designed for them.

Paul said we all have special gifts from God that we are to use for His glory.  If that is so, when we fail to use that gift for His glory, we do leave a ‘hole’ in His ministry that may affect the life of another.   Perhaps your ministry today is to simply say "Shalom" (peace) to all you meet or as profound as leading a lost soul to Christ as Savior. 

SOOO be alert to the leading of the Holy Spirit. 

Blessings,

Gramps


No comments:

Post a Comment