Monday, February 16, 2015

Israel, THe CenterFold of Prophecy



God’s Power Principle For Today:  “The light shines in the darkness and the darkness does not comprehend it”  “Then Jesus again spoke to them “saying, “I am the Light of the world, he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life.”  (John 1:5; 8:12).

Hey Gang:  Several years ago we were blessed to find a DVD's Series titled 'Against All Odds".  I don't know how many times you can watch a DVD before it begins to go caput.  I pray it has a longer life than yours truly.  "Against All Odds” is centered on some of the many military miracles that have transpired in Israel since their becoming a State on May 15, 1948.

In the book of Zechariah, which I believe is a book for today, we find one particular verse that gives us a precise picture of where we are pertaining to the latter days of the Age of Gentiles.  In verse two of the twelfth chapter we read these words, "Behold, I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that causes reeling to all the peoples around; and when the siege is against Jerusalem, it will also be against Judah".     It was recently reported that more than seventy-five percent of all the business that transpires at the UN pertains to Israel in some way.

I would say that fits into the category of "a cup that causes reeling".  But Zechariah had much more to say about this in the following verse: "It will come about in that day that I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for all the peoples; all who lift it will be severely injured.  And all the nations of the earth will be gathered against it." 

One of my favorite verses in the Word is the eighth verse of this chapter: "In that day the Lord will defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and the one who is feeble among them in that day will be like David, and the house of David will be like God, like the angel of the Lord before them"    I believe that includes me!

When the twin towers were hit I wanted to volunteer to reenter the Air Force. Oh, I knew I was older than dirt and could not reenter the Air Traffic Control Squadron but I could wash dishes and sweep floors or even answer the phone and make coffee for the active troops.  I have prayed many times that I would be part of God's army and be there when the evil one and his cohorts are put away for a thousand years.

 On one of our trips to Israel, we visited Masada which is a mountain where King Herod build one of his summer homes.  We were blessed to be able to watch a ceremony that every pilot in the Israeli military goes through.  They are given a challenge by their commanding office that the greatest gift they have to offer is the willingness to lay down their lives for their brothers and sisters.  

The ninety-first Psalm is the creed of the Israeli Air Force; hearing the fifty cadets shout the words, “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High, Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty”.  I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, My God in whom I trust, for it is He who delivers you from the snare of the trapper and from the deadly pestilence” was indeed a mighty experience!

Soooo, Do you have a creed that is your covenant with Your heavenly Father this morning?  Do you have a special section of Scripture that you know in your heart will provide you with the strength and courage to stand fast no matter what the circumstances?  We are privileged, while working at VOM,  to hear many stories of people around the world who face persecution and death daily, whose creed is not survival but witnessing to their enemies!


Can there be any doubt we are in the winding down stages nearing the end of the Gentile age?   Jesus said we are to be a light unto this dark world.  As you prepare to face another day?  Do you have your armor in place and ready to be used by Abba Father to be a witness of His great love?

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment